Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: POD shield

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Prelude

POD shield

Hi All,

Has anyone ever made a custom Box for their POD filter? i need one for my car and im planning to make it from scratch..any input or links would be much appreciated

I have although its not for the same car. My design was pretty simple, just a cylinder box that went around the pod and aircon piping from the front bar brake duct straight into the box.

Oh I just found a pic to show you what I mean.

and where is that pic?

Moderator - here to help Array
    lol, yes we would like to see a pic
    Want to improve OH's website? Make a thread in the site discussion forum.

Know of a nice ride and think it should be featured? Send me a PM.

Hand out PQ points where deserved. Info HERE.

Provide feedback when buying/selling from OH members. Info HERE.

Subscribe to OH and benefit. Info HERE.

OzHonda Terms and Conditions HERE.

Bleh, I was sure I attached it.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Prelude
    Can you attach it plz?

Haha Just found out you had to do it the manual way. =\ Well here it is

Got some more:

Heres 2 before I enclosed it and added the CAI piping.

And heres another one of the final product.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Prelude
    Looks good dude..how did you make the cylinder case? and whats that foil looking thing next to it?

If you can see from the third picture I attached, notice how the bottom area of the box has more volume/space compared to the top? I figured due to position of the piping most of the air would rush into the bottom large spaced area and then some of it will squeeze itself into the top area of the pod, giving it an "enclosing" or wrapping "effect". This in my opinion is suppose to be more effective rather than if I had the pod placed directly centre of the box i.e. volume around the pod would be equal through out.

Well its not much and pretty basic as I said, but it cost me nothing to make the box and $25 for the piping (sold other half for $10 so its actually only $15) and it's proven very useful. Better response, abit more fuel economy and I'm sure it'll work even better during summer.

Made the box out of a sheet of alluminium, just bent it into a cylinder and then added the base and top. I pop-rivetted the base cos its stationary and I screwed in the lid so I'll be able to take it off to clean the pod etc.