Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    None ATM

Mounting HID's in a Jazz - how?

So there are several generic HID kits out there, and I guess the HID thing isnt really rocket science.

My question is - do you use the stock headlighthousings, or will they require modifications? HID generates a lot of heat, dont it? Any guides or howtos on this?

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Eurolux SatNav
    HID will not generate higher heats than these yellowish Halogen bulb which rated 55w normally. most of the HID kits are 35w in power consumption and they are quite cold even after 30 min or night driving
    i think the OEM Jazz light housing should be fine for HID as i've seen a jap magzine with HID Jazz as its cover story. however it really depends on the dispersion of the light pattern on the ACTUAL kit u r getting, some are spread wider than other, and it could be a good and bad thing. good thing is that you get better visual ability and the bad thing is that u might probably blinging the oncoming drivers.
    make sure you can get a decent kit! installation shouldn't be hard and can be finished within an hour ( my personal experience, most of the time i was just tring to find the best place the put the ballsts and wire them up)
    and don't forget to adjust your headlight level so you don't blind the upcoming traffics

remember Honda will not cover any damage cause by aftermarket lighting units. there are few ppl that i know in taiwan who own CRV with HID have noticed black spots within the housings due to not heat but the kelvins. as Jazz is also a reflector design, you may want to take this in account as well!

all the best!

Member Array
    Car:
    None ATM
    Thanks! That helps alot! How is the wireing and installation of HID in jazz? Is it something I can do myself, or do I need to have a pro-mega-builder do it?

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Eurolux SatNav
    the installation should be straight forward as most of the HID kits are plug-n-play...
    i see from your avatar that you are from Norway. from memory i think all european countries are very strick on aftermarket HIDs. i think you need to have auto headlight leveling and headlight washer to be leagally to install HID. maybe you need to check with the department first before be booked/fined because the HID is not legal~

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    nope
    wiring is pain to the a$$
    it is not plug and play at all and u may require to buy some fuse if u going to DIY

Member Array
    Car:
    None ATM
    Awesome! Thanks guys! Ill have to look into the formalities tho..

Member Array
    Car:
    None ATM
    Oh, which Kit would you guys recommend?

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Eurolux SatNav
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeG
    nope
    wiring is pain to the a$$
    it is not plug and play at all and u may require to buy some fuse if u going to DIY
    it shouldn't be. only if you have bought a kit that require to connect the wirea to the -ve and +ve point of the battery.
    most of the kits ..
    mine and few other cars i did was really easy and last time it spent me 2o min to do it...

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Eurolux SatNav
    Quote Originally Posted by strepto
    Oh, which Kit would you guys recommend?
    www.xenondepot.com
    they are quite reputable and the philips kit they selling are just superme.!

hahaha, gaspar got jipped.

Its eassy plug n play, H4 hi/lo kits required rellays, H4 lo only straight plug here and there.

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    I am talking about Hi/Lo

hi lo as in hi lo beam? if get lo only do you lose your high beam function?