Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Nightmare Service Experience

I recently took my s2000 for a 40,000km service at toE edit NSW. I WILL NEVER EVER TAKE MY S2000 THERE AGAIN. I wrote a letter of complaint to Honda Australia.

Dear Vanessa,

This is a FORMAL COMPLAINT

I have spoken to Maree H. regarding this matter.

I originally took my Honda S2000 (year model 2000) to toE edit on 24/6/2005 for a 40000km service. I left my car with Mr Michael Kearney at 10am and picked it up at 4:30pm that day. I checked the list of services that was done and found the following discrepancies (as compared to my "Maintenance Schedule" for the 40000km service)

FUEL FILTER wasn't replaced
    VALVE CLEARANCE wasn't inspected
    REAR DIFFERENTIAL FLUID wasn't replaced

At this stage I queried Michael as to why the those services wasn't done. Michael told me that the fuel filter wasn't meant to be replaced until 80,000km as per his "revised service schedule". Michael said he will check with the service manager Mr Robert Dingle and call me around 11am Monday 27/06/2005. I did not receive a call on Monday morning and hence phoned toE edit at 3pm. I spoke to Michael. At this stage, regarding the fuel filter, he says that there was a bulletin in the year 2003 that states the fuel filter is only to be replaced every 80,000km. Regarding Valve clearance inspection, he says it was done but not listed on the invoice as it was only inspected. He does admit that the Rear Differential fluids were not replaced and was happy for me to come back to have it done free of charge.

From this information, I decided to phone different Honda dealerships. I spoke to Rick Damelian Honda (Leichhardt) and the service manager said the fuel filter is to be replaced at 40,000km. Then I spoke to Artarmon Honda and the service manager said the same thing. He even knew about the bulletin in 2003 for revised S2000 fuel filters and he told me it was meant for 2003 models and later.

I then phoned Honda Australia and spoke to Maree H regarding this. She says she will chase it up and call me back within 48 hours.

I receive a call the next day 28/6/05 from Maree. She says that toE edit will get in contact with me and 'straighten' things up. I then receive a call from Michael. He says to come in, and both the fuel filter and rear differential fluids will be replaced at the cost of only the parts required. In this case, the fuel filter was $69. I made an appointment for the coming Friday 1/7/05.

I bring my S2000 to toE edit on Friday 1/7/05 morning at 7:40am and leave it with Shane. Having doubts about the servicing, I asked if I could observe what was actually being done to my car. Shane told me, I wasn't insured in the workshop and did not let me observe the servicing. So I waited at the reception. I pick up my car 2.5 hours later and pay $69.

I drove my car home, I decided to check the rear differential fluids and to no surprise, it was still the older fluid - very dark with tiny black metal shavings - looking like sludge instead of new HGO(rear diff) fluid. toE edit did not replace this fluid even though it is stated on my invoice that this was done. As for the fuel filter, I was unable to check it as it required knowlegdge of its placement. Since my rear differential fluids were not replaced, how can I be sure the fuel filter was replaced. As far as I know, my car could of been sitting in the service center and nothing actually done to it for 2.5hours and then driven back to reception.

Now if I didn't check or didn't know how to check the rear differential fluid like alot of other Honda owners (I'm assuming most owners just trust the service centre), what would happen say 30,0000 or 40,000km later when the wear on the rear differential is soo bad that the whole rear differential would need replacing costing the consumer, me, alot more money than if it was changed as per maintenace schedule - Rear diff HGO fluid cost around $9/bottle retail from Honda spare parts. How do I know? I bought a bottle and changed the rear differential fluids myself today.

Why wasn't my rear differential fluids replaced at my initial visit? Why was there a discrepancy regarding the fuel filter? This leads me to think - toE edit service center does not actually know what they are doing with scheduled maintenance. OR/AND they cut corners to save money and time at the expense of the consumer later down the track.

I will never take my S2000 to the toE edit dealership for service ever again. I feel I've be cheated and deceived and would like to make a formal complaint to HONDA AUSTRALIA regarding this matter. I just can't believe that even after I chased it up with Honda Australia, the proper servicing was not done. Its not about the money, but rather the principle, that was violated.

I look forward to your response.

toE edit - Removed business name. Please PM author for any queries
    Last edited by toE; 19-07-2005 at 11:45 AM.

damn, that is bad mate. hope some sort of lesson/resolution can be gained from this to prevent other, more trusting, customers from being put through the same situation

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    RX450h / RB3
    I'll never trust all the dealer anyway, most of the mechanic are apprentice young kid, i know is not all of them bad . . .but still i dont trust them to service my NSX, thats why i always take my NSX to Hannys Performance u can wait and looks when your car been serviced . . .
    if you need the contact details for Hannys please PM me

cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    keints!! i like your letter though, good work. Tell us their response when u recieve one.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Eurolux SatNav
    man feel soo sorry for you yeah some dealers don't really know what they are doing
    just like last time i took my car for service, i as really happy with the whole process but i just surprised that the manager ringed me the next morning said that because i put my own ATF and it may void the warrenty...
    i was like WT$? i gave you the ATF and did you read it? it said ATF-Z1 Honda genuine fluid!! how can it be voiding my warrenty???
    haha,,, some ppl in dealership just forget things MAYBE, or just been to busy... but from my experience, going in to the service dep. and say things you wanted to make sure will perform and said BECAUSE I ALREADY CHECKED THEM AND REQUIRE ATTENTION.

Member Array
    Car:
    爵士
    Good stuff.. I've seen a few dodgy cases regarding to car service, please keep us inform on any feedback from Honda. I remember back in the my old days in a different country, they have this big glass wall in between the service centre and the waiting lounge. You can actually see what's happening to your car..

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro MY05 - Milano Red
    Austral Honda in Brisbane lets you watch from the window. Good idea I thought. Sorry to hear about your experiences

wow i used to take my lude there and no more aswell go some bad service there good luck with the letter....

sucks that we trust them to look after our babies and they treat it like shit.

Member Array
    Car:
    83,83 & 84 gen1s & 91 CRX
    WOW... speachless...

Please let us know what Honda Australia has to say when you get an answer.

Seems alot of workshops are cutting corners anyway - and its a sad story unfortunatelly.

I think you have done a TOP job in complaining about this situation!

Well done!

Mike
    GENONE - 1983 Honda CRX | BANDIT - 1984 Honda CRX/HKS Supercharger | SINISTR - 1991 Honda CRX | RACECRX - 1983 Honda CRX with JDM B16A

Moderator - here to help Array
    Quote Originally Posted by SINISTR
    I think you have done a TOP job in complaining about this situation!
    yeah i thought the letter was very well written.
    Want to improve OH's website? Make a thread in the site discussion forum.

Know of a nice ride and think it should be featured? Send me a PM.

Hand out PQ points where deserved. Info HERE.

Provide feedback when buying/selling from OH members. Info HERE.

Subscribe to OH and benefit. Info HERE.

OzHonda Terms and Conditions HERE.

if u guys want to go to a honda service centre that can be trusted, just go to the one at liehcart...theres a guy there who used to work at Hanny's performance n now works with Honda service centre...geo4re if u dont know...he owns a white dc2r

lying cheating ****ers