Hybrid View

The 4.3 in the new F430 is amazing, the sound is enough to make me need some quiet time after one passes.. In full agreement with Usual Suspect tho, BMW engines (apart from their 4 cylinder ones which are absolutely gutless) can shit all over almost anything the rest of the world can throw at them. Same with their gearboxes. That said, the 5.4L supercharged V8 in the SL55 AMG is prettyt special..
    "He who would travel happily must travel light"
    Antoine de Saint-Exupery

s tune Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 sold :(

Thumbs down

Ls2 is nothing special, 6.0L and only 297kw, I mean BMW's 5.0L from a few years back made a lazy 295ish kw. I mean come on, sohc and 3 (or 2 can't quite recall) valves per cylinder, where's the effort to bring it into todays world let alone the 80's? You don't have to look far to find something far better in refinement and efficiency. Look I was brought up a Holden man with HSV's and Dad's own engine rebuilds, but I discovered High tech machinery and now Dad's converted too, got a Liberty GT and loves it! Mate even my integra's embarrassed a passengerless CV8 with 2 mates in my car. Just some food for thought. No offense intended.