Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11181920212223 LastLast
    Its the truth so has to be known!
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 EK4
    Quote Originally Posted by gmonkey View Post
    it would be a pretty dumb consumer who buys a VE for example and decides they need to buy a whole new MY09 jsut for an extra 17 or so kws. I can think of money better spent...well i can think of money being better spent on something other than a commodore in the first place :P. Holden can't make good V8s....
    Why buy a car when a four year old is exactly the same? Besides warranty. Not everyone cares about a warranty especially when you only have to pay half the original price.
    Wanted: Black EG6 or EF9.

Banned Array
    At Your Local Shopping center picking up 15 year olds!
    Car:
    DC5-S
    The question of who makes the best 8 cylinder in the world cant be answered by 1 particular make of 8 cylinder as these engines cover a vast range of different uses & such. Its like saying the Ferrairs F-430 is the best, yeah ok it sounds mad and makes heaps of power, but put it in a 4wd, will it pull itself up a 60 Degree slope??? No it wont, put it in a VE commodore, will the car handle better & be more efficient & get better 0-60 times, no it wont, reason for this is it got fairly low torque as it doesnt need to pull 1600kg+ so this thread is kinda stupid if you ask me!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 Honda Jazz Vti-S
    ahha forced to agree with tony... after all this arguements
    Jazz Demon 666

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic
    I think a better rating system is needed, Cheapass lo-tech, slightly better ohc perhaps, then all out money isnt an option class, or maybe just close this thread cos it doesnt mean anything lol. we all know that the discussion is a "gm/holden v8 is the best MATE!" discussion, Dont get me wrong, I love a cammed this n that holden but i still class them as not so great. but yeah, agree with tony
    = First Production Company To Produce 100HP Per Litre NA

If we talk street driven V8s than europians are far ahead of rest of the world (M3, C63, RS4 ect) if we talk race engines than F1 v8s are the winners

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 Honda Jazz Vti-S
    i love how we never stop to think about 4wd v8s lol... stupid 4wd drivers :P now i imagine this will get it started lol
    Jazz Demon 666

Member Array
    Car:
    08' aluminium BMX
    Quote Originally Posted by gmonkey View Post
    i love how we never stop to think about 4wd v8s lol... stupid 4wd drivers :P now i imagine this will get it started lol
    no it wont lol... but i love discusing engine tech lol

aparently 1 of the 351 ford v8s was originally made for pic ups, and not suposed to rev at all, wen i saw this engine all i could think about was how massive it was and heavy lol.. the head weighs more than my b18 block with internals.. only jokin :P but the agressive rod angle gave it exelent power

id also havto say is after looking at a few non v8 bmw engines i was suprised to see the lack of power they have in there displacement classes, and the exessive feul consumption, but they dont feel under powered

while im not a fan of the usa made v8s, id have to say im very impressed by the numbers they make in powerboats/dagsters and other 2000hp+ applications

and ofcourse that nice sound they make..

so for bang for buk, aftermarket support, low weight and availability its the low tech restrictive ls1,

C63 Engine is beautiful ... One of the nicest stock engines i've ever been priviliged to drive.

C63 is the nicest 8 cylinder powered car I've ever driven, it's just perfection, and just recently I drove one with chip upgrade, 550HP, just unreal )

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Evo IX and now EP3
    Ferrari Type 056 V8 90 degree angle 18,000RPM. The V8 off the E92 M3 is sweet tooo 8,400 RPM redline is pretty good for a street V8.

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg 454
    572 (zz) BB Chev from GM ... Factory 720 HP....
    look it up