BLZ-ARW019
    Quote Originally Posted by CaP
    Mercedes Benz SL 55 AMG - V8 368kw, 700nm

blz-arw019

Quote Originally Posted by V8_Hero
    yeah gotta give it to u there
    farkin holdens are still making push rods
    when japs had quad cam v8s like 15 years ago
    To all you pushrod baggers... the LS2 is a cut down version of the LS7, and the vette has won best performance car years and years in a row... They are pushrod because they choose to be.

Look at fords DOHC, it ****s the weight balence (to high), it makes less power, and it weights more.. yeah big DOHC advantage...

Im not claiming the holden make the best v8 either... id probly go v8... that new Honda F1 engine i read theyd been testing

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW019
    Quote Originally Posted by 91'lude
    the vette has won best performance car years and years in a row...
    Awarded by who?
    blz-arw019

Ford's DOHC was no good because it wasn't a engine designed from scratch, it was a compromise bunged together from existing components. They basically did a frankenstein conversion one of us might have done.

Quote Originally Posted by 91'lude
    To all you pushrod baggers... the LS2 is a cut down version of the LS7, and the vette has won best performance car years and years in a row... They are pushrod because they choose to be.

Look at fords DOHC, it ****s the weight balence (to high), it makes less power, and it weights more.. yeah big DOHC advantage...

Im not claiming the holden make the best v8 either... id probly go v8... that new Honda F1 engine i read theyd been testing

Mercedes Benz AMG SL 55, or CL 55, or E 55 for that matter...take your pick and stop comparing it with the Holdens and Fords...

And if we are going to talk about Holdens and Fords and Chevs and whatever else you want to throw into the mix, XY GT 351 Cleveland is by far the best "traditional" V8 ever...took Holden 20 years to come up with something anywhere near as good.

Member Array
    Car:
    HEMI
    where's V8 Hero gone? looks like this experts' favourite V8 can't compete with the other motors mentioned. Maybe he thought honda lovers wouldn't know about V8's?

Member Array
    Car:
    '88 Civic GL
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickt
    Mercedes Benz AMG SL 55, or CL 55, or E 55 for that matter...take your pick and stop comparing it with the Holdens and Fords...
    Agreed

Go the toyota V8's. As quoted in The Ages Drive yesterday

"Part of the luxo experience was the result of the LS400's powerplant. The 4.0-litre V8 used four valves per cylinder and double overhead camshafts on each bank, something that was hardly common in the early '90s.

Power was a stirring 190 kW with torque of 360 Nm, but more than that, the engine was smooth and sophisticated and so quiet you needed to check the tachometer at idle to make sure it was running."

Lets consider this scenario. When you hear ppl say "I got a v8 powered commodore" and u go "oh ok." but how about this..."I got a V8 powered Merc" the v8 moves up another level..dont u all think?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    my vote would have to go to a big cruise ship like Pacific fair or pacific sun.

With a bore of probably a metre, i'd say that would produce better numbers than all engine's mentioned.

my vote would have to go to a big cruise ship like Pacific fair or pacific sun.

With a bore of probably a metre, i'd say that would produce better numbers than all engine's mentioned.
    LMAO!! But can I get 1 in a commodore? While we're in crazy town, how bout one of the 8 cylinder powerplants from a WWII fighter plane?
    "He who would travel happily must travel light"
    Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Any V8 that is not a Holden is a good enough V8 Engine to me.....
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW001
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroAccord13
    Any V8 that is not a Holden is a good enough V8 Engine to me.....
    werd... mercs imo...
    arrowz
    blz-arw001

OTO-KREW