Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    hi ppl ~ i'm noobie so excuse me =] well my friend asked me to drag him some day and his got a celica sx 91 model and ive got a ek gli stock ... wonder who will win ?

Member Array
    Car:
    MY02 WRX
    one way to find out.....

Is the celica stock? and both manual i presume ?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    hehe yeah guess thats the best way >=] and yeah his celica has an exhaust system ... and yeah both manual

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4
    Hey buddy,

IMHO, having driven 91 SX a fair few times and seen the "power" of a GLi EK hatch, i'd have to say you'd get well and truly chopped.
    Assuming you're both around the same level as drivers, you'd get minced both off the line and down the road....
    THe SX's are pretty heavy cars, but 2.2L and around the 105ish kw mark at the very least... they've got plenty of kick off the line and do decently at higher revs too...
    AFAIK however your Gli has very little power, and although considerably lighter, i think won't be able to keep up.
    Best bet, try and get a great launch first up and rev out each gear with smooth gear changes...... u never know... but mid 3rd u still might be close even with him........

good luck

jon

Member Array
    Car:
    350z Track
    i know your asking about ek gli ...

but i have chopped a stock 91 celica in my slammed ek vti-r hatch at a set of lights i only have a air filter!

ek gli 96kw stock :P not sure bout the celica
    フジタエンジニアリング

EK GLi has actually 88KW stock

I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    wasn't it ek vti that has 96kw stock?
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)

Yep the VTi has 96kw Stock, GLi 88kw & the VTi R around 115 Kw

All i know is the 1989-93 Celica SX's are slow asssssssssssssssssssssss.
    My mate got an auto one and he lost to my other mate wich was a '92 Toyota Pasoe. Those celicas are only for look i reckon. However, GT-4 different story...hehehehe

But I don't know anything about ur Civic Gli EK sorry...

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4
    I dunno mate... my friend owns a 5spd 93 SX...2.2L with plenty of torque IMO...
    DC2 VTiR would definitely beat it... but they really got some go....
    Not sure about the auto versions, and have never been in a Paseo, but those SX's are definitely not "only for look i reckon"...... lol

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    hi ppl ! i finalli got the chance to race my friend and it was a draw ! we had 2 races ... up and then down the strip ... he had 1 passenger in the car in the first race and he lost ... and then the passenger jumped into my car and he won ... guess that weight counts alot ! well ive been thinkin' about getting an exhaust system for my civic ... heard 2 1/4" are good for non turbo cars? any suggestions ? thx 4 ur contribution