Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    GD3 Vti-S, S15 Spec R GT
    Best thing you can do is try and be forceful. With qualified mechanic inspection report and proof that it was from low rpm cruising - honda really can't say much but to accept claim. If they don't. I guess there isn't really that much to do cos in the end, Tony could lose more through legal action.

Other than that... badmouthing that dealer specficially is another viable, cheap and common 'asian' alternative.

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    Honda knows there are always some chicken scare to do anything. That's why the dealer treat Tony like that which is worth to do it since they can save the problem plus $ and time.

Member Array
    Car:
    Mini Cooper S Chilli R56
    go and see a solicitor..... even though it might cost you 200 an hour..... but you will get an idea what your chances are......

even better.... go see one of those no win no pay lawyers.....

Member Array
    Car:
    爵士
    Quote Originally Posted by MRFIT
    go and see a solicitor..... even though it might cost you 200 an hour..... but you will get an idea what your chances are......

even better.... go see one of those no win no pay lawyers.....
    Better still.. there is the consumer affairs type F.O.C !!!

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Cannondale Rush 4
    Tony.......I think you should bypass the dealers as they have made their decision by refusing to accept your warranty claim. Now you should go to Honda Australia, whether it be customer service or management, and get them to review their decision to not accept your claim. In this instance, you can verify with the mechanic's independent report that the vehicle was damaged by a manufacturer's defect.

If they then refuse, I guess there is legal option but that is probably out of the question due to costs, time and likelihood of winning.

Or otherwise you could write to Sydney Morning Herald as they have that Drive section once a week where disgruntled owners state their case, then SMH goes get the Honda dealer to state their case, they also get Honda Australia to state their case. This publicity may be a good cause.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Cannondale Rush 4
    Just another thing, can't the Moderators on OH move this thread on another common Honda category in that way we can get more ppl's attention? and opinions?

Member Array
    Car:
    09 Civic VTi
    its unfair that the they dont wanna accept your claims and even wanna charge you for performing more inspections on your engine. by the way, was the engine modified in any way when the incident happened? IF it was, maybe honda would say that its not a manufacturers defect and hence deny you any sort of warranty claim. they would just say that the engine was modified/tempered with and the case would be closed.

but if your engine was stock standard to the bone, then i'll say screw honda and go ahead with your legal action!

well..i'd say if you got enough, you should put a K20A in it instead of finding another jazz/fit engine. we got a few for sale here in new zealand on nzhondas.com
    http://nzhondas.com/phpBB2/engine-ki...-vtu34396.html

i could also ask another guy for you for the price of one, i think they got one in their workshop or something...he said they can put it in my jazz if i m seriously wanting it, but i dont think i'll be in near future..so yea..gimme a pm if interested. other wise, check out http://www.tau-net.co.jp often, you might find something you want there, quite cheap some of them, around NZ$2300 for one.

rofl JDM K20A - SPECIAL 8000+GST

uhoh you should not think a second longer, borrow finance on your house and do it!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    Tony got all engine parts already which is more than u can think of
    lol

what do i write here? Array
    Car:
    Jazz Vti-s
    saw the engine last weekend tony, that is one huge hole

Quote Originally Posted by panda
    rofl JDM K20A - SPECIAL 8000+GST

uhoh you should not think a second longer, borrow finance on your house and do it!!!
    dude, my mate found one in japan for NZ$4k, if you want it, i can get more info off him
    but now i haven't got that much....even if my mum leaves nz and sells her car, she still would've give me that much..