Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    From what I was told by Tint A Car, some Euros have "tight" doors which causes the inner guard of the door to rub against the tint. There will be Euros which will experience this problem as well as Euros which will not. SO the bottomline line is, it's whether you wanna risk trying it to see if your euro has "tight" doors :P
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Hey all.

I had the same issue with the drivers side door. I only noticed it on the night I purchased the car. I can only assume it was there when I purched the car however didnt notice it It had pierced the tint from bottom to top. The dealership got it fixed. I think it has to do with the tinting people not prepping up the door properly as it hasn't happened again.

o4 Euro... [EUROTIC] Array
    Car:
    04 Euro Luxury
    Bingo I got it too on passengers side. It will be going back to tint shop
    [EUROTIC]
    04 Euro Luxury.... now retired

I had the tinting down at the dealers.

No problem at all, they did a fantastic job but it costs an arm & a leg.
    BNR34 N1 spec
    QR Sprint - 57.79
    QR Clubman - 60.74
    QR National - 1:22.71

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    Euro 2006 Luxury Sat Nav
    I have this issue and have been ignoring it.

Might be time to get it sorted, and discover the reality of the lifetime warranty.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Luxury
    i dont even have tinting on my car and have noticed light vertical streaks in drivers side window.

Member Array
    Car:
    '07 Subaru Liberty GT-B
    I thought you had to get felt fitted on the doors to stop it from scratching etc..

I'd love to have tinted window's again, but i'm still reluctant to get the side of the doors ripped open and have felt fitted.

Just have to be careful with what i throw in my car without tinted windows nowadays not like the good ol 20% tinted window days - throw anything inside and forget about it.
    MY07 Subaru Liberty GT 2.5T B.Spec 6SPD MT | Satin White Pearl
    MY04 Honda Accord Euro Luxury 6SPD MT | Arctic Blue
    MY00 Chrysler Neon LE AT | Red Salsa

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Same here.. Until there is a solution to this problem.. I think I'll hold off tinting the car...
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

o4 Euro... [EUROTIC] Array
    Car:
    04 Euro Luxury
    if your tinter does a good & proper job they should remove the door skins anyway. they can then fit felt if needed.
    [EUROTIC]
    04 Euro Luxury.... now retired

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by VirIIx
    I thought you had to get felt fitted on the doors to stop it from scratching etc..

I'd love to have tinted window's again, but i'm still reluctant to get the side of the doors ripped open and have felt fitted.

Just have to be careful with what i throw in my car without tinted windows nowadays not like the good ol 20% tinted window days - throw anything inside and forget about it.
    I wouldn't worry about tinting the Euro - it will be fine if they install felt.
    I have learned the hard way!
    Last edited by yfin; 14-09-2004 at 02:30 PM.

Memory oF A PIMP'n Euro Array
    Car:
    Bavarian Motor Works
    U guys can get felt installed inside the window sills. But a word of advice sometimes the glue from the felt can be smeared on the inside windows when the windows go up n down. I have some smears on my window but then u just use a cloth with some warm water to get rid of the smudges.

I think its better this way to have felt on the inside of the windows if u have tint. If not it will definetly scratch if something gets lodge in the inside window seals. The best way to put felt is to remove the door panels. The tint a guy removed the panels to install the felt on my euro.

So far non my windows are scratched just for sometimes the glue smears on the window. Other then that its fine and is livable. U just got to have dark tint on a black car, although its illegal it took 2 years for me on my old car for the cops to put a defect sticker on the car.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS300
    Yeah I have had those fine scratches in the glass also!

The dealership replaced the glass on the driver and passengers side, but after a while they ended up with fine scratches also

The scratches on my accord are on the outside, supposedly caused by dirt built up on the window seals.

One way out is to purchase some glass polish, and polish out the fine scratches (biridium oxide)