Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    why not WRX? Well, it looks fugly (I bought my Type R when bug eyes was out) and the build quality is not so good..... the clutch is also not very good and I've heard lots of rex engines giving alot of problems at 80000kms onwards....

why not S15? Well, I dont like the looks of it.... poor boot space, doesnt handle as well, cheap interior, non existant rear seats.....

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyR
    why not WRX? Well, it looks fugly (I bought my Type R when bug eyes was out) and the build quality is not so good..... the clutch is also not very good and I've heard lots of rex engines giving alot of problems at 80000kms onwards....

why not S15? Well, I dont like the looks of it.... poor boot space, doesnt handle as well, cheap interior, non existant rear seats.....
    well, considering I work @ subaru docklands, I will answer those questions! looks wise (bugeye shape) each to their own, at first sight, yes they are ugly as shit. With a nice kit, they really start to make their presence really known. Build quality of the subaru is what made me go to Honda 8) - the closing of the doors, the boot and bonnet are telltale signs straightaway of the difference between the 2 cars. My DC5R is like 100kg's lighter than my ex MY98 WRX but going over tram tracks, the car feels so much more solid!

WRX clutches - no problems.

Wrx engine - pretty much bulletproof in stock form, unless the owner does something idiotic and winds up the boost levels to like 18psi onwards without considering better intercooler, bigger injectors, proper engine management system, etc..

WRX Gearbox - well, they hold up pretty well.. I know mine did even with 200kw atw. It all comes down to how good/bad they are treated.

Why not S15? - well, if Nissan still sold them brand new, I woulda got one straight away

dam i got alot od saving to do

I have driven many subarus .. and they dont come up to scratch when compared to a Honda of any sort ...

sure sure there is the power there ... but mate ... if you wacked a decent blower setup on a 2.0 DC5R, it wilL Sheeeeeeeeeet all over a WRX ...

and don't give me any of that AWD crap. sure sure its fun driving around in the wet with it I'll give you that ... but there's just something about the way Honda's are built, the way the sound etc etc ... that makes ME come back for more :twisted:

oh and re the topic of discussion :P the cheapest I ever heared of was 45K onroad with A/C and floor mats and tint ... but I think that was mates rates.

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 VBP DC5 TypeS
    nah...friend got his blue dc5r with matts and tinting for 45k too