Member Array
    Car:
    GD3 Vti-S, S15 Spec R GT
    same - when u alternate between

I thought we always had an aircon filter spoonfit

Member Array
    Car:
    03 gli 325000ks
    Yep , mine does. Every car i have had with aircon seems to have done it.... i guess some people can smell it, and others cant?

Member Array
    Car:
    03 gli 325000ks
    we have the housing behind the lower glovebox for the pollen filter..... but no filter, on aus delivered jazzies

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTI-S
    Quote Originally Posted by 08ESE
    Yep , mine does. Every car i have had with aircon seems to have done it.... i guess some people can smell it, and others cant?
    Well when my mother and my wife can smell it in the car at the same time with me you know there is a problem
    "When the christmas light drops the b***sh*t
    stops"
    04 Jazz VTI-S
    99 WRX
    97 Lancer MR

Member Array
    Car:
    00DC2R
    yup, exactly the same experience with my 2004 VTI.
    the smell goes off after a minute or so then it's back to normal again.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTI-S
    can you describe the smell?

haha... your Jazz stinks

j/k's

Member Array
    Car:
    nottegra!!
    it happens to all cars.. even new ones.. but after you turn it on for a while, it will go away

i went to honda to tell them to get rid of the smell. they say they have to pull the thing apart. they showed me the unit(dunno what it is) and it looks like it was dragged up from a swamp with muck and grease-like stuff on it. it cost me 70 bux to clean the thing and to disinfect it. a filter gets rid of the smell but the bacteria might still get through so we may be inhaling all the s..t. thats what the guy said anyway.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 06
    smells like a umbrella

Member Array
    Car:
    AP2 S2000/CL9 Euro Lux
    It usually smells like dirty laundry. Best way to prevent it is to switch the air con off and suck air from outside a couple minutes prior to you reaching your destination point.

Or you could go buy a can of air-con disinfectant spray. I got it from my mechanic.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1, Impreza, GE6
    yea yea...its a well known honda problem...always happens in my old odyssey??
    its a well known problem for the new civic FD

Quote Originally Posted by revolution View Post
    It usually smells like dirty laundry. Best way to prevent it is to switch the air con off and suck air from outside a couple minutes prior to you reaching your destination point.

Or you could go buy a can of air-con disinfectant spray. I got it from my mechanic.

This is the right way to prevent bad smell of air con! I always turn the A/C off and let the Fan run for a while before I get to the destination..

Bad smell happen because when you turn on the aircon and it gennerate the cool air into the car, there's some water or humid that occur during the process. Once you reach your destination and suddenly turn the A/C off, some water and humidity still stay in Aircon system. That's the cause of the problem.

In short, it's like you keep the wet cloth in the basket over night

No bad smell occur to my Jazz
    I Love Spoon