Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DC2 Service

Member Array
    Car:
    HEMI

DC2 Service

my bro's Vti-r has 116,000kms and is due for service, he rang honda and they said they do a major($800) service at 120,000kms.

Is this correct? doesn't the major service happen at 100,000kms? should it just be a normal service?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    yeah honda told me that the 80 000ks service is a major one too and wanted to charge me $720 for it.
    I just got the 80 000 done at my local mechanic.
    I recon its just a money making scheme by honda.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    ohhh, and i asked them why the 80000 service was a major one and why it would cost so much. They replied "cause we have to plug your car into a specialiesed honda machine that takes several hours to diagnose any faults and to tune it correctly."
    Crock of shit i say.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '99 DC2 VTiR
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix
    ohhh, and i asked them why the 80000 service was a major one and why it would cost so much. They replied "cause we have to plug your car into a specialiesed honda machine that takes several hours to diagnose any faults and to tune it correctly."
    Crock of shit i say.
    I just had my vtir serviced. had the 80k done. they charged me around 460.. honda service center. thing is.. they said they plugged it into the HDS? system and tuned the car.. i got the car back and it was still idling kinda rough and using up a lot of fuel - struggle to reach 400k on a tank. so i took the car back and asked them to check it out. They said they reset the computer and plugged it back in to retune the car .. i cant notice any difference.. wont b going back to that honda!

is it tru they dont need to change spark plugs in a vtir??

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra VTi-R
    I think if you look at your owners service/warranty book the Integras major services are every 40,000km (look at the hrs set aside and what they do). So at 40,000, 80,000, 120,000 etc.

I think 20,000km intervals are kind of like a semi-major service (they change an additional fluid ... clutch/brake or something). But most Honda dealers I have been to treat them like a minor and dont this anyway (and rabbit on about revised service scheules when you complain!!).

100,000km is not a major service although typically the timing belt is replaced at this time (which generally leads people to believe its a major service).

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mikes94

I think 20,000km intervals are kind of like a semi-major service (they change an additional fluid ... clutch/brake or something). But most Honda dealers I have been to treat them like a minor and dont this anyway (and rabbit on about revised service scheules when you complain!!).

Mike
    thats absolutely true.
    you should have a look at your owners manual and treat it as a 20,000km service. basically the process starts again. ever 20,000km should be treated as a semi major service. beacuse they change oil/fiulds.
    you should go by the manaul.
    as for the service price of 800 bucks.... well, i think you should look some where else. they're porbably trying to scam more money off you. even a major service doesnt cost that much.
    i got quoted $735 for my 100,000km service...
    Last edited by THE_MASS; 13-07-2005 at 06:34 PM.

Team West Yo!

1:15:0 @ Wakefield park

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra GSI Turbo
    100,000km service is different though because you need ya timing belt replaced. I cant believe you guys still take ya car to honda or a mechanic for that matter. Its easy enough to do it yaself. Save ya cash guys n use it on ya mods lol

50,000 + 100,000 + 150,000 + 200,000 etc service =

oil
    oil filter
    air filter
    spark plugs
    valve clearance check
    inspect and adjust drive belts

the brake fluid is scheduled to be replaced at 75,000 and 150,000

the 150,000 service ALSO includes transmission fluid

all of the above is based on "normal driving conditions"

GSI-PSI - the factory service manuals indicate that the T.belt should be replaced at 150,000km (93-97) or at 170,000km (98-01)
    B20VTEC - since 2002

oh, and fuel filter at 100,000km intervals...
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    NSX/DC2R/1kRR
    Tinkers... My DC2R Service Booklet says 100k km's for T-Belt.

Is the VTiR that different?

i am going of the USDM factory service manual.

maybe Honda Oz, edited the service booklet for their own greedy purposes...

BTW - T.belt is still at 170,000km under "severe conditions" too...