Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: B16B into EK1

Coping with the extra torque wont be that bad, there isnt that much extra torque down the line, but if you were talking turbo then yeah guess there will be more bottom end power
    Anyway, i say a set of good coilovers will fix the problem.
    What do you think?

hmm... I better do more research first b4 making my decision. Ahhhh... bloody engineer's cert and registration. This is a going to be a pain in the A$$... better rethink again whether B16a B16b or B18c

Engineer cert is to stop you from getting defected, or pretty much a way out to stuff like that.
    But if your car remains stock looking, and everythings honda honda, it would be really hard to distinguish the difference unless the police was honda gurus ??

yeah... but you see i am in victoria. Worried about getting into trouble and stuff. what if i can't get engineer's approval... also what do i tell vicroads about the car. "erm operator, it's a 1.8L civic".

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 & AE86
    also the engineers cert aint just to deal with cops its for insurance.

If you dont let them know you've changed motor and got someone to check it out they'll try stooge ya.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 & AE86
    Whooo hooo finally ordered my half cut, roughly 3 week wait yay

Member Array
    Car:
    scooby doobydoo
    what motor did you decide then? b16b?
    EPisode3 : revenge of the civic

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Sedan w/JDM ZC
    where you end up ordering it from?

yeah.... which one you decide to go for?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 & AE86
    bought an ek9 half cut, i orderd from a guy that imports stuff himelf from japan.

I got the guys contact in japan bought a whole ek9 with 60,000 on the clock.
    I felt bad when he said he was gonna chop the car up poor ek9.
    When i herd that i made him chuck in the seats, rails, tail lights and rear brakes

roughly 3 weeks till it lands
    Last edited by furiou5; 28-08-2005 at 01:07 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    00' PY DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by furiou5
    bought an ek9 half cut, i orderd from a guy that imports stuff himelf from japan.

I got the guys contact in japan bought a whole ek9 with 60,000 on the clock.
    I felt bad when he said he was gonna chop the car up poor ek9.
    When i herd that i made him chuck in the seats, rails, tail lights and rear brakes

roughly 3 weeks till it lands
    congrats mate..that wld b a very special ek for sure.....are u in vtechnique forum?its a perth based honda club...we do go for cruises regularly..and lotsa civics/integra hehe
    I my Honda

EJ8 - DC2 - EM1 - DC2R - CP9A - CT9A - CL9

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 & AE86
    i tried creating a log in on vtecnique forums last friday, havent been able to log in so far. But yeah i've been hovering around the site since i got a flyer on my car in 2003 at belmont park during PAS

I also herd you had a cruise on the other night, missed out

by the way has anyone done the B16B conversion into a civic in perth yet. Ive seen a few with B18CR's never a B16B, however a little birdy has told me there are quiet a few with civic type r motors running around
    Last edited by furiou5; 28-08-2005 at 01:58 PM.