Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8151617181920 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord
    The problem with friction additive oils & any friction mod oils is that the friction oil makes the bore in your motor very slipery & eventuly leaves a very hard film in the bore & then your rings don't do there job & lets oil pass the rings to ezy, eventuly leading to excesive oil usiage & loss of compression in your motor. I have been using Penrite ever since it came out & not once have i ever had a problem even when i raced cars back then. I did rember in the 70s Gastrol put to much friction additives in there oils & stuffed up a hell of a lot of motors. Just me ten cents worth!...

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Castrol Edge Titanium 5w 40SN is on sale at repco for $35
    Usual retail is $75
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    The most common anti friction agent used soluble Moly, I've yet to read a case of it soluble Moly ruining a modern engine or leaving hard films. Zinc on the other had does exactly that leaving a hard film, and high content of zinc kills your cat converter and can corrode certain cam metals or foul your spark plug (probably not in the amount in the hpr5 contains tho) .

Part of reason is why zinc is being replaced by titanium in certain oils.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 08-11-2014 at 01:26 AM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord
    MMMMMMM Fredoops, I did not no that. what do you recomend for a 30,000 klm 2011 Euro.?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozer View Post
    MMMMMMM Fredoops, I did not no that. what do you recomend for a 30,000 klm 2011 Euro.?
    If your driving everyday, then any old Synthetic oil is good. It's better to do more regular changes than to buy a good oil and keeping it in there for prolonged periods. Castrol Edge is a great oil when it's on sale (usually around the $30 mark)

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Again boys 5w40 edge is on sale at repco!

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozer View Post
    Factory Fill for the CU2 euro's are 5w20 or 0w20 synthetic.

pause for a sec and think about that for a moment when choosing oils.
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Is that why they are using oil because its too thin?
    Had a chat with the foreman of a honda dealership in perth and agreed about the oil being too thin

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasemas View Post
    Is that why they are using oil because its too thin?
    Had a chat with the foreman of a honda dealership in perth and agreed about the oil being too thin
    They do it to meet newer emission standards. But because they know it's too thin, they made burning 0.5L oil every 1000km within "specifications"

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Euro luxury 5AT
    What do you guys think of the Valvoline SynPower 5w-40?
    It's on special at Repco for $29.99 save $35. $65 at Supercheap Auto.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord
    Not a grate lover of Valvoline Especialy when you see it for sale in K Mart or Big W. I allways use Penrite But thats just me.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Get valvoline, lots of good UOAs on bitog.

Should be good for the cl9.