Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Weren't you going on about how it's the bees knees, and lasts forever?
    Nothing beats regular changes...
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by Type R Positive View Post
    I totally agree, regular oil changes = preventative maintanance

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    It did last a whole year... and I did mention 1st time using synthetics will remove a lot of deposits cause it is a detergent type of oil.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Did you get it tested?
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    **MY SIX MONTH UPDATE/Mini review***

Been running Mobil 1 Extended Performance oil and Mobil 1 EP filter for a full 6 month now.

Car still runs like charm, got a bit worried a month or so ago saying the oil is a bit dark, but since it's still thin and when car warmed up it's gone light in colour again, I'm not worried anymore.

Been reading online about the Mobil 1 EP. The oil AND filter is good for up to 15000 Miles / 24000 KM's. However since the car hasn't been used very much recently (only done 4000 km since service in January). I've decided to not do a 6 monthly oil change. And leave the oil change to Late this year/Early next year, or a full 10000km-ish.

I know I can probably push 15000km on this oil from what I've read on other forums. But since this is the first full syn oil change for the car's I'd expect a lot of detox'in going on in the engine with the addictive in the M1 EP... Cleaning out the crap the Honda dealers' been using for the last 7 odd years. I'll do a full oil/filter change at 10000KM and flush everything clean. I'll do a oil analysis When I do the oil change.

Next Oil to try: US-Spec Mobil 1 0w-40 ... full 10k drain interval

PS: I've noticed something lately. I've checked out Castrol website and their Castrol Edge Sport advertisements/marketing materials. There's no mention of any addictive packages apart from "Low-Chlorine"... In that case... aren't we just buying a bottle of plain Group 3 hydro-cracked base oil? At 50 odd dollars a bottle.... Ain't that some food for thought.
    about to do a transmission flush with valvoline maxlife ATF and then top up with Redline D4.

I might as well do the oil as well - how many litres did it take?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Did you get it tested?
    I used a engine flush fluid to get everything out, I can get it tested still cause it's still sitting int he pan.

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonite View Post
    about to do a transmission flush with valvoline maxlife ATF and then top up with Redline D4.

I might as well do the oil as well - how many litres did it take?
    i used 5 bottles,
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    vtack+non-vtak
    Thanks to the above fella MR fredoops and his sourcing, im using now Mobil 1 High mileage 10w-40. Its a fully synthetic and was used instead of mineral which has been used in my engine since new untill 160xxx kms. The switchover was fantastic! its been almost 1500 kms since then and no leaks or signs of seals deteriorating whatsoever. Hasnt consumed any oil yet so far compared to FEO at the last service.

very happy with the overall oil. paid $74 for 6 quarts which is about 5.85L. have one bottle left which stays in the boot of the car just incase any oil leaks or gets consumed. very happy so far.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Car takes 4.8 litres

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Car takes 4.8 litres
    I only used 4.5, I guess it varies.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro CL9
    Take note.
    I will try Mobil EP 5w-30 on next 90,000km service; then will try 0w-40 after 100,000km.

I run with Amsoil 0w-20 signature series oil plus the Amsoil synthetic filter and change every 20,000km and i do give it some revs to clear its throat.

At 40,000km when I adjusted the valves the engine was very clean, I should have taken a photo when the valve cover was removed.

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    Currently using shell helix ultra 5w40 seems to be ok engine runs quieter then penrite racing tenths. Reviews says it has 0w40 characteristics. But I really want to try the Liqui Moly Super Leichtlauf 10W40. Penrith Honda says I should be using the castrol because its the closest to oem he also confirmed that castrol do make the honda oils.