Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    might have to go grab a copy jase, Im still on 2001 I think lol, ah good times
    WDM. World Domestic Market.

Subaru y0!

Quote Originally Posted by LUD02C
    He won't go to Ferrari.
    Anyone got F1 2005 on PS2?
    I'm so hooked on it.
    Best F1 game they have brought out, actually steers correctly unlike any other F1 game
    ahahah yeah how mad is it!
    got it last month n been hooked on it ever since...
    i play out ever gp before it happens ahahahahah...

setting: manual trans n all aids off (even corner indication ) and in cockpit view.. now all i need it a driving wheel ahahah

cant stand driving wheels for PS2 lol, much prefer good ol analog. Might have to get myself this game, need the new tracks and drivers and even teams!

Subaru y0!

Red Bull Racing commit to Formula One to 2012
    Joining Ferrari in F1 with new deal with FOA

Red Bull confirm its future Formula One plans
    Red Bull Racing has joined Ferrari in committing to Formula One beyond the end of the current Concorde agreement which expires at the end of 2007. Ferrari was the first team to announce a new deal with Formula One Administration in January.

The Milton-Keynes based team confirmed today ‘that it has reached an understanding with FOA to prolong the current Concorde Agreement from 2008 until 2012.’

With Red Bull Racing joining Ferrari and continuing Formula One as we know it, the manufacturer backed teams are planning their own break-away series for the 2008 season as they seek greater transparency than they believe they have with the current regime and also seek a greater slice of revenues.

Red Bull announced at the San Marino Grand Prix that they will use Ferrari engines in 2006 and are also expected to make the move over from Michelin tyres to Bridgestone at the end of the season.

Earl ALEXANDER
    © CAPSIS International
    f1live.com

Show me the cash - Stoddart
    'We are the only team for sale'

Stoddart aware of five groups looking to buy
    into Formula One
    Minardi boss Paul Stoddart says he is fed up with timewasters negotiating to buy his team and told any interested parties to put their money up front if they want to enter talks. Rumours at Hockenheim this weekend linked a consortium led by former Formula One driver Eddie Irvine with a possible Minardi buy-out but Stoddart denied he has had any dealings with the Ulsterman since the Monaco Grand Prix in May.

"There are people sniffing around but we have had too many false starts so I am going by numbers now," Stoddart said. "You just can't take any of it seriously unless there is money on the table. I want to stress that we have not had any discussions with Eddie (Irvine). I spoke to him back in Monaco on a what-if basis but I believed at that time that they were looking at Jordan."

"I am aware he is shopping, but they are one of five people that I know are shopping at the moment. We are the only team for sale, I think everyone accepts that, and I have made it clear I would always be willing to sell. I would always sell to someone if I thought the team could go further under them than it could under me, nothing has changed since September 11 in 2001, but I have always made it clear that it would have to be the right one."

Stoddart declared recently that this would be his final season in Formula One if FIA President Max Mosley retains his position at the head of the governing body in the elections later this year.

He called for Mosley's resignation following the United States Grand Prix, when the seven Michelin teams were forced to pull out of the race because of safety concerns over their tyres. But Mosley's position appears to have strengthened and Stoddart could be looking for a quick exit by the end of the year after growing disillusioned with the sport during his time on the inside.

He began at Minardi with a five-year plan to turn them into a regular points-scoring team but severe budget constraints coupled with the increase in manufacturer-backed teams has left the team rooted at the back of the pack. He believes Minardi needs a manufacturer partner to move further forward and, with rumours that Hyundai are looking seriously at the sport.

"I would love to have talks with Hyundai but I have had no approach from them at all. But that is the kind of way I would like Minardi to go. A company like Hyundai would be a perfect partner for a team like Minardi. I think that really would work."
    Hyundai? lolz.. now that would be interesting...

Don't laugh at Hyundai.
    They do want in on F1 according motorsport weekly and an interview with Dave Richards confirmed that if Hyundai do buy into F1 he is going to run the team!

If you buy the best (like Ferrari did) you succeed and Hyundai learnt that lession in WRC.

Member Array
    Car:
    '95 Civic EG VTi hatch
    Hyundai is a serious company. Cars are only a small part of it for them, but F1 would give exposure to the entire company. It's quite logical that they'd want to join F1.

Be good seeing Hyundai in there, great marketing for them. To show off their skills in such a market like F1 would do them great favours.

Subaru y0!

Same as Kuhmo wants to be the sole tyre for F1 (can't see it happening)

hmm, it would make more sense taking one existing brand IMO. But the tyre battles are the way, keep two, maybe even add more?

Subaru y0!

Member Array
    Car:
    '95 Civic EG VTi hatch
    It would be nice to get rid of tyre deals altogether. Let the tyre manufacturers bring their best tyres to each race and let the teams chose the ones they like the best, no matter who makes them. Would be much better for competition and you would still have multiple tyre manufacturers in the sport. It would speed up the development too.

Of course it will never happen, but it would be interesting.

yeah let them run wild, teams too, everybody! There would be some absoloute thrilling battles, however poor minardi and jordan and anyone else down the order would get hammered

Subaru y0!