Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Honda aiming for 1000hp engine at Shanghai

Manufacturer's V10 farewell

(GMM) Honda intend to give F1's V10 formula a rousing farewell in China by aiming to break the 1000hp barrier with a one-off engine.

''It's possible,'' the Japanese marque's Otmar Szafnauer told Autosport magazine.

With the power boost, Honda - co-owner of Jenson Button's BAR team - hopes to fulfil the seemingly impossible pre-season team objective; to aim for 'race wins' in season '05.

F1 will revert to 2.4 litre V8s next year.
    f1central

I reckon they break 1000hp now.
    Its just not on paper.

Sato should be gone, as much as I know you boys love him he makes stupid areas (much like Webber) and doesn't qualify well enough to be a threat.
    I know he has had his bad luck and mechanical problems but so has Jenson.

I would love to see Massa in the BAR-Honda next year, or in a Ferrari.

According to this thread
    http://forum.planet-f1.com/index.php...=29428&start=0&Rubens has signed a 2 year deal with BAR-Honda already, I can't say I believe it.

Rubens Barrichello linked to BAR Honda
    A two-year deal for the current Ferrari driver?

Barrichello has been linked to BAR Honda
    for some time now. Will he move?
    Rubens Barrichello has been tipped for a move to BAR Honda after compatriot and former World Champion Nelson Piquet claimed the Ferrari driver has already inked a deal for next season.

Barrichello is contracted to Ferrari until the end of 2006 but rumours here in the Hungaroring paddock suggest he has been granted a release from his current deal and negotiated a move to last year's championship runners-up.

A breakdown earlier this year in relations between Barrichello and team-mate Michael Schumacher, to whom he has taken second best since he joined in 2000, started rumours that the 32-year-old was seeking an exit from the team. But only two days ago Barrichello denied that he is planning a move when, asked if he would be racing for Ferrari in 2006, he said: "Yeah, I have a contract for 2006 and I have nothing else to say."

BAR are unsure of their line-up for next season having seen Williams lay claim to lead driver Jenson Button after the Honda-powered team failed to meet the performance clause required to keep him. They are hoping to retain him for next season but Williams are determined to fight for him because they claim that sponsorship contracts have been agreed based on his racing for them in 2006.

If Barrichello has agreed a move it will open the door for a driver merry-go-round with Felipe Massa, long courted by Ferrari and a former test driver for them, tipped to leave Sauber and move to the Italian team.

Takuma Sato would also be in danger of being dropped if BAR are able to retain Button and bring in Barrichello, a move which would create their desired top-level driver line-up.

E.A.
    Source AFP
    f1live.com

I can't believe he is still crying about being 2nd driver!
    Every single team in that paddock has driver 1 and driver 2.
    McLaren just haven't had the boys to tell either Juan or Kimi who is 1 and who is 2

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro MY05 - Milano Red
    How about massa, I reckon he has done awesome this season. He should get a better drive next year. Up and coming talent. He is the next fisi, cept I think he will live up to his potential

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury MY04
    noooo poor Sato.. he just had a child.

man.. in the websites his status is always being "single". Now they say his child just born..

Member Array
    Car:
    '95 Civic EG VTi hatch
    This wont be the end for Sato. IF he doesn't get a drive in F1 next season, I'm sure he'll get a cool drive in some form of car racing. He's a talented driver.

Williams has to stick to their guns with the Button issue. It would be tactically suicide to just give him back to BAR. At least make them fight for him. I reckon a lot will happen in the next 5 months. Honda looks strong with their new V8 engine, but who knows, maybe Williams will bounce back and be right at the top again. Just look at what happened at the start of this season.

I reckon Button in McLaren! Brit in a Brit team. He has the temperament for McLaren.

So Massa to Ferrari then and that leaves a seat at RBR-Ferrari. Valentino Rossi?

Button Clarifies The Situatation

Jenson Button clarifies the situation
    Over his contract(s) at Williams

Jenson wants to stay at BAR

Jenson Button has decided to release the following statement to clarify his contractual debate with team Williams and his plans for the 2006 season:

A meeting took place in the conference room at Williams' Grove headquarters at 12 o'clock on Tuesday 12 July 2005. This meeting was attended by Jenson Button personally, together with his manager, Richard Goddard. On the Williams side the meeting was attended by Sir Frank Williams, together with Patrick Head, as well as the Williams Chief Executive Officer Chris Chapple, the Williams Technical Director Sam Michael, and the Williams in-house lawyer John Healey.

The meeting lasted about 1 hour. During the course of the meeting Sir Frank Williams asked Jenson a specific question "From what you are saying it sounds like you don't wan to be here next season." To this Jenson replied "No I don't."

There is no question of there being a lack of clarity or misunderstanding on this point.

It has been suggested that Sir Frank Williams that a contract between Jenson Button and Williams (and there remain outstanding questions to its validity) was signed 7 months ago, which would be in January of this year. This is incorrect. There are two documents which are relevant, one dated August 2004, and one dated September 2004.

Quotes have also been attributed in the media to Sir Frank Williams to say that Williams paid a substantial amount in option money on Jenson in 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004. Again, to set the record straight, the facts are as follows:

Payments made were not payments made by Williams to retain an option over Jenson's services. In fact the payments were quite the opposite. The were payments made by Williams to Jenson in exchange for Jenson agreeing not to enforce a contract which he had entitling him to drive for Williams.

H.G.
    © CAPSIS International
    f1live.com

Massa driving for Ferrari for 2k6

Massa thrilled to join Ferrari
    'The best opportunity of my career'

Massa in red, back in 2004
    Ferrari announced today that Rubens Barrichello will not drive for them in 2006. The Brazilian will be replaced by his fellow countryman Felipe Massa, who is driving for Sauber this season.

Massa, a former Ferrari test driver who is managed by Nicolas Todt, son of Ferrari boss Jean Todt, said he was up for the challenge of stepping in to replace Barrichello.

"I feel ready for this new challenge, which is the best opportunity of my career. I am aware of the responsibility it places on me and I cannot wait to be part of a team like Ferrari, alongside the best driver in the world, Michael Schumacher," he said on his website.

"Maranello has believed in me since 2001, when I had yet to make my Formula 1 debut. Now, I am in my third season as a Sauber driver and I can also count on a years experience as a Ferrari test driver, an experience which helped me to grow a great deal."

The 24-year-old, who is lying 13th in the drivers' standings with eight points, added: "I wish to thank Peter Sauber for having had faith in me over these past three years. I will do my very best in the final six races of the season to get the best possible results for his team."

H.G.
    Source AFP
    f1live.com

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury MY04
    massa is gay and ferrari just want to hire cheap driver

hmmm shall be interesting to see what he is capable of!
    WDM. World Domestic Market.

Subaru y0!