Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    civic EJ8

41k for 2001 s2k with 68000kms

hi guys i've been looking at a s2000 to buy for a while now. i think i've had enough looking around and just want to buy one. i'm on a budget so cheapest one i can find is a 2001 model with 68000kms in silverstone for 41k. car is in good nick but kms seems a bit high. do you guys think its a good price to buy??

or should i just buy a 1999 model for 38k in silverstone with 60000kms.
    is it worth it paying an extra 3k for a 2001 model but with little bit more kms?
    both cars are in good shape drivers side seats a little worn but besides that, its pretty clean. i tried to get the prices further down but these prices are firm. sellers wont budge.

dont know what to buy. need some advice
    cheers

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    AFAIK, both models you looked at are the first gen ones with the soft plastic rear windscreen.

Both are advertising on a rather high end of the valuation, have you searched all over for others? Their mileage are also average, less than 20K a year...

With less than 10000kms in between them and being 2 years apart, I'd do the usual, check the log books, signs of oil leaks in the engine bay, I mean a car with more Kms might be in better nick than a car with less on it.. Would be worth trying to see what sort of drivers the sellers are.. If you are on a budget, saving you 3K buying the 99 model might be a better choice, like I said earlier, they are from the same generation ..

Other thing you can do is get an inspection from your local Automobile Club....
    Last edited by EuroAccord13; 18-07-2005 at 02:40 AM.
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    civic EJ8
    what they are same generation model. i thought 2001 models come with glass windreflector and fix up gearbox/clutch problems.

you 100% sure about that??

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    The 1999 model's wind deflecter is an option, but in 2001 it became standard, but it wasn't until the 2002 update (with better interior) that the rear WINDSCREEN (the window connected to the Convertible roof) not the wind deflector became glass instead of plastic....
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    civic EJ8
    my bad, what a newbie i am. i thought the 2001 models where updated ones and i was trying to stretch my budget. thanks for your help. i have to reconsider my options now.

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    It's cool dude

That's what the forums are all about, helping each other Introduce yourself in the Intro Lounge

GOOD LUCK with your decision on the purchase, the S2K is a good car...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    civic EJ8
    forums are great been a member at wrxclub and exaclub previous cars and people help out so much. i'll introduce myself once i do buy the car and post it for everybody
    thanks again.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    hey ydrift what state are you in mate?

i jus recently purchased my s2k for a much lower price (pm me if u want to know) and much lower kms. At times when it comes to negotiating it helps if you have the cash with you as ppl seem to respond better with money at hand. As mentioned the cars that you have mentioned at quite expensive but then again could be in perfect condition, for those kms u would be looking around 35k mark...

True s2k are cheap now. i saw a 2001 model with 35,000km and the price....wait for it...$35k. so what i'm trying to say is be patient, 41 is too expensive!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    civic EJ8
    .::F[L]Y::. i'm from melbourne.
    what da where are you guys seeing them so cheap.
    i've been looking at, carsales, carpoint, carsguide, autotrader & drive for the past month. cheapest i've ever seen is $36,000 for a 00 model with 68,000 in mt.eliza. there is another for 37k which means in my whole search there are only 2 s2k for the 35k mark.
    my mate bought a 2001 model in silverstone with 50,000kms for 44k thats why i thought the one i found where a decent price.
    but when i was looking i skipped the 99 & 00 models as i thought the 01 where the updated ones. my bad. now i'm started my search again. going for a 99 model one as its cheaper. why are they all in silverstone. gay color. guess i have to get used to it as most of the cheaper ones are grey.
    cheers

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    I suggest that you also check out www.redbook.com.au as that will provide you with a rough estimate of price as well as model specifications etc.
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK9 Clone, E46 M3
    are you in vic?
    i recently bought an 01 yellow for 40k with 58km on the clock. i thougth it was a good buy
    i think the only difference between 99 and 01 models is the cd stacker. the 01 have an 8 stacker, and its in the cabin of the car as opposed to the boot. i thnk thats it..
    01 and earlier have an annoying clutch buzz problem as well.