Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Strut bar install problem

Hi guys,
    I tried to install a strut bar on my ek1 civic, but there is a pipe in the way. I unscrewed the brace holding the pipe and tried pushing it out of the way but couldnt get it to move away enough.
    Anybody have this problem, more importantly, anybody solved this problem.
    Here is a pic of my problem
    http://www.ozhonda.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=2847
    http://www.ozhonda.com/gallery/data/...3IMG-thumb.JPG
    Last edited by chameleon; 18-07-2005 at 11:10 AM.

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Not that it helps you, but my car doesnt have a line that runs in that position. Im not even sure what that pipe is - maybe coolent? Is it a rubber hose?

Now it is easier to see. What does the strut bar mount look like? Are you mounting it to the top of the suspension? If so I would have thought that you would have had enough clearance.
    Last edited by Zdster; 18-07-2005 at 11:13 AM.
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

The strut bar mounts to the strut top using the 2 bolts.

Here is a pic of the bracket.
    http://www.ozhonda.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=2849
    Last edited by chameleon; 18-07-2005 at 11:19 AM.

Hmmmm, I'm not too sure but that looks like the line for the air-con....

Maybe wait for some EK1 owners to get in here and help you out mate.

Member Array
    Car:
    VX II SS, 75 HJ 355
    I'm pretty sure that pipe is for your air con

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK
    i had the same problem on my ek1 but i just unscrewed the bolt from the bracket holding the pipe down and moved it and then kinda squeezed the bracket for the strut bar underneith it, you just gotta be rough with it.

Our car also has that a/c line there, but this is how our strut bar was fitted. Hope it sheds some light for you.

i knoew exactly wat u talking about mate, i just intsalled a strut bar there and i had exactly the same problem.
    all i did was simply unbolt the screw and pulled the hose aside, and squeeze it through..nothing u can do..

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    its aircon, undo it and fit the bar, either let it hang free or mount with a cable tie or something
    oh wrd!

It is the nasty air con piping... as trav and beatsco said got to be forceful... it will fit. It will slide back into place after you move it and place the strut bar in.

Member Array
    Car:
    RICED EK CIVIC HATCH
    yeh my mate geo41e did it for me, he just moved the pipe, and it fit snuggly in there, just use some force the pipe wont brake

ok thanks for help guys. I'll just use those muscles of mine and see what happens.