Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    R32 GTR

Difference between an Aussie and Japanese Type R?

What is the difference between the Aussie and Japanese Type R?

What is so good about Integras? I'm looking at this and S2000, and think the S2000 might be better, faster and more fun to own.

I'm really a Honda newbie (a Nissan man actually )

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    i think you would enjoy the s2k more (being RWD n all)

what model type R are you reffering to? dc5? or the older dc2?
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude VTiR BB6
    Yes the S2000 will be better, and more expensive to purchase and to insure.

A S2000 will own a DC2R around a track, not too sure about DC5 though.

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    Have a look here concerning the differences.

If you have the money, mate...S2K is the go I reckon. Check www.s2ki.com

Member Array
    Car:
    R32 GTR
    Thanks peeps.

Well, someone told me that the Japanese Integra Type R is faster than the local one (same body shape same year), so it would be a highly sought car.

However it doesn't have the wow factor to me. Good thing about it is that it has a bit more space than the S2000 and is probably cheaper to insure. Don't want to make it sound bad, but just wondering what makes the Integra special.

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    Bang for bucks round a track... Type R every time...
    S2K can be made faster, but there are no cheap mods that work.
    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury
    JDM DC5R is a beast machine, mainly due to the fact it isnt detuned and uses the best fuel...hence the power is high and would own any aussie delivered version...if you were to buy a car..s2k would be your choice...but wouldnt be practical for daily driving...a s2k would be more comfortable than a DC2/5R would be a rough daily driver

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 - AP1
    search is your friend !

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    Regarding the JDM dc2r ... they are rare, but here in Victoria anyway i see them going alot cheaper than nearly all AUDM model ones. Atleast for series 1 ones. Many of them are probably rebirths or dodgy rebuilds on AUDM chassis.

An Imported car is always a gamble. KMs are frequently wound back, service history is more oftern than not SOURCED from a similar car rather than the original car, and i know a guy who use to visit car export yards (imported to us) in japan and he said the quality of the cars is very poor. However dont just focus on the negatives as ive pointed out, there are many pros as well that i wont go into. PM me if your really interested in more.

If you can afford, as everyone else has said, i would go an s2k. Ive driven both cars and much prefer the s2k, however if your interested in building it up for track, as TODA AU has said, the dc2r has a greater range of aftermarket parts .. it really depends on what your application is and what your budget it.. and more importantly .. which one you like/want more
    Quote Originally Posted by z3lda
    ey, was drivin a honda city before...
    felt like the biggest poofter in the world..LOL

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW019
    S2K... The roof go's down FFS
    blz-arw019

Member Array
    Car:
    R32 GTR
    Quote Originally Posted by SiR JDM
    Regarding the JDM dc2r ... they are rare, but here in Victoria anyway i see them going alot cheaper than nearly all AUDM model ones. Atleast for series 1 ones. Many of them are probably rebirths or dodgy rebuilds on AUDM chassis.

An Imported car is always a gamble. KMs are frequently wound back, service history is more oftern than not SOURCED from a similar car rather than the original car, and i know a guy who use to visit car export yards (imported to us) in japan and he said the quality of the cars is very poor. However dont just focus on the negatives as ive pointed out, there are many pros as well that i wont go into. PM me if your really interested in more.

If you can afford, as everyone else has said, i would go an s2k. Ive driven both cars and much prefer the s2k, however if your interested in building it up for track, as TODA AU has said, the dc2r has a greater range of aftermarket parts .. it really depends on what your application is and what your budget it.. and more importantly .. which one you like/want more

Thanks for that. I'm not interested in racing on the track, especially not with such an underpowered car , you are right about the export car yards in Japan. A lot of the cars are pretty much unwanted and usually not in very good conditions. Cars do get driven a lot in Japan and its not surprising to find cars with over 150,000 kms. In those cases, KMs do get wounded back often by car salespeople and the likes.

The S2K sounds good, may take a look at that and the NSX. There aren't many NSX around and most are autos so no hope there.

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW019
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock
    Thanks for that. I'm not interested in racing on the track, especially not with such an underpowered car
    Maybe you should stick with your R32
    blz-arw019