Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Luxury Accord Euro

Question [Euro] Worth upgrading to the new Luxury-Red?

I currently own a 2004 Accord Euro standard, Arctic Blue, Auto, with close to 20K's on it.

Now I love my ABP Euro, but I saw one of those new Milano Red Luxury's with the 17 inch rims on it, spoiler with bodykit. Wow!! Damn hot, originally I thaught it was too much red for the Euro's large panels, but hell was I wrong when I saw one in person on the showroom floor! Throw some nice dark tints and the bodykit on it and the red Euro looks red hot, no pun intended

Now I know that the luxury has curtain airbags, leather seats etc, but it is the rims which I like about the 2005 model, fills out the car better. Plus the black leather looks nice and hell I am sick of the cloth seats that I have in my current Euro, gotta vacuum the hair, cat hair etc off them every week! Leather should be better for that.

Now I have spoken to my dealer and they reckon there is a Australia wide sale on this Weekend, so I was thinking about mosing on over to take a look. I have been offered 32K for my ABP Euro which is fine by me coz there is a scrape on my passenger side door (some a#@hole hit it with a trolley) which needs fixin, the dealer reckons they will have to paint the whole door again to match, 370 bucks worth! So why not get the new Red luxury and let them fix it? The trade in will cover most of the cost anyhow!

What do you guys think, worth an extra 10 grand to upgrade to the luxury? What do you guys think of the red? Anyone here have one, do they like it, does the red fade?

Thanks guys.

are you sure that he is gonna offer 32k and not raising the price for luxury model that you gonna get?cos the price is pretty good..i would expect less than 30k for ur car..IMHO...

iv seen the red ones ... bloody nice !
    10 k extra = / mayb an extra 6 k sounds good=]

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Luxury 5AT05

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by seihoa
    iv seen the red ones ... bloody nice !
    10 k extra = / mayb an extra 6 k sounds good=]
    Yeah I saw the red one too, out at my local shopping centre parked with the sunroof on tilt --- and it was just awesome. If I wasn't so hell bent on getting black this would definitely have been my colour. And to be fully honest it is probably even more striking than the black, the rims really stand out - and yes, those 17s are fantastic.

Also you'll absolutely love the leather interiour, it's just plain luxurious. Not sure whereabouts you are, but seat warmers are certainly becoming handy these days here in Melbourne. Check out the image in my "vgarage" (link under my nick) for a little something to tease you whilst you are trying to make up your mind.

There might be a tad bit more road noise from the 17s, but then again there's also more grip. And the Xeon lights are brilliant at night. Plus curtain airbags could potentially be a life saver if you ever were to get tboned by a 4WD in what is called the "compatibility problem".

Let us know how you go

Member Array
    Car:
    Audi TT 2.0T
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorn2004
    does the red fade?
    lol YES
    trust me...
    but not if you look after it
    and if u dont plan on keeping the car for 20 years then dont worry about fading
    FFR33K - SOLD
    LSV73C - SOLD
    CW DC5R - SOLD

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    For 32k, i would have signed some papers right there and then.
    How much did u pay for it $36000 max ? 1 year old car, 20000km + damage = no depreciation ?

I know what you mean about the Milano Red Luxury, there are two in my area.
    Full OEM kit, dark tint... one is lowered ~
    2004 CL9 - SSR Professor MS1R/Federal 595 RS-R/Tein SS/Injen CAI/Whiteline RSB
    2006 FD1 - K&N Typhoon intake
    2012 Holden Commodore SV6 ute

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Seeing it in person I would actually now rate the red behind all the other Euro colours.

The paint is really flat. I think the sparkle of the metallic paints makes a huge difference in terms of how classy the car looks.

If you really want the luxury go for it. I wouldn't pay 10k but that is your decision. You mention how great leather is - but it does have its disadvantages too - especially in summer or if you have children.

Hi,

10k to upgrade? Definately YESSSS. The reason, standard and luxury is already 7k difference. 3k depreciation for 20000 km driving is definately worth it.

Plus, you will get brand new 5 year warranty + 5 years roadside assistance for Honda sold on 23th July 05.

Hope this information helps.

Aaron

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury Manual
    I have to say I totally agree with yfin on the colour. i think the red degrades the "classiness" of the car. no offence to people who like it or own a milano red euro, but i think it's the colour you'd find on econocars like barina's etc. doesn't suit a luxury car like the euro at all imo, it's more suited to a Euro-R.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Luxury 5AT05
    Quote Originally Posted by yfin
    Seeing it in person I would actually now rate the red behind all the other Euro colours. .
    That's the new milano red you are talking about here? The old red-ish one is not one of my favourites but I found the new quite striking.

I guess that's the beauty of taste diversity - it would be a pretty boring world if everyone liked the same things

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2,3MPS,VESPA
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorn2004
    I currently own a 2004 Accord Euro standard, Arctic Blue, Auto, with close to 20K's on it.

Now I love my ABP Euro, but I saw one of those new Milano Red Luxury's with the 17 inch rims on it, spoiler with bodykit. Wow!! Damn hot, originally I thaught it was too much red for the Euro's large panels, but hell was I wrong when I saw one in person on the showroom floor! Throw some nice dark tints and the bodykit on it and the red Euro looks red hot, no pun intended

Now I know that the luxury has curtain airbags, leather seats etc, but it is the rims which I like about the 2005 model, fills out the car better. Plus the black leather looks nice and hell I am sick of the cloth seats that I have in my current Euro, gotta vacuum the hair, cat hair etc off them every week! Leather should be better for that.

Now I have spoken to my dealer and they reckon there is a Australia wide sale on this Weekend, so I was thinking about mosing on over to take a look. I have been offered 32K for my ABP Euro which is fine by me coz there is a scrape on my passenger side door (some a#@hole hit it with a trolley) which needs fixin, the dealer reckons they will have to paint the whole door again to match, 370 bucks worth! So why not get the new Red luxury and let them fix it? The trade in will cover most of the cost anyhow!

What do you guys think, worth an extra 10 grand to upgrade to the luxury? What do you guys think of the red? Anyone here have one, do they like it, does the red fade?

Thanks guys.
    sorry to say but in my opinion you are wasting your money......10k changeover seems hard for me to swallow....plus the blue looks heaps better than the red..the red is bloody awefull

Array
    Car:
    Disco Potato
    i wouldnt say its "bloody" awful
    hahaha nah but seriously, red euro can look quite nice...with the right touches. its just in stock mode that it looks a bit iff but thorn, i wouldnt trade in ur abp euro. if u wanna trade in ur car, i say get another car....10K seems quite a lot for the same car with diff paint and a few extras such as HID and leather.....
    Fast and furious? I drive slow and luxurious...