Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra type r

Wheel sizes for dc2 integra type r

I'm lookin at gettin some 17" volks for my ITR.

I'm wonderin if 17 X 8 will fit? What about 17 X 7.5?

For the 17X7, 17X7.5 and the 17X8, what would be a good offset.

Still not too sure about offsets? does any1 know?

i have 18 x 9 on my dc2r ... not sure what offset means either

oh you bought a type r?
    had enough of the SSS

i had +43 on 17x7's

Member Array
    Car:
    #28R
    GOOD question, i'm also interested as to what offset for a 17" x 8.0 i think maybe a +42 but not 100% certain...

joeylee: which volks are you looking at?

fasinn8: with 18x9s do your tyres scrape the inner guard when cornering hard?
    ...the return of

Personally I wouldn't go any wider than 7" on a DC2R (8" is ok for DC5R). For a start it's not roadworthy to go more than 1" wider than the widest stock wheel from the manufacturer (for that chasis). And for DC2R that's 7" (stock rims are 6"). Having said that I know an offset of +40 -> +48 will work for a 7.5" wide wheel on dc2r. For a 7" wide wheel +35 -> +45 is about right.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra type r
    I'm lookin at the GT-N's. Not too easy to find a pair of 17x7 though.

Yeah, I guessed that any bigger than 17X7 would be illegal.

I sourced a set brand new for a pretty good price but they're 17x8's. So this is my dilemma.

fasinn8: 18x9s they some fat ass wheels? did you need to do any mods for it to fit? What model teg?

Hey thanks heaps guys. I'll prob just try to source a set of 17X7's.

So itr025, with the 17X7's any offsets between +35 -> +45 is ok? what difference would it make if it was 35 as opposed to 45? Wheels stick out more???? Any difference in cornering, driving?

So, itr025, you have a dc2r too, do u know of any good kits that arent too common? I was quite intersted in the C-West or TR2 kits at www.carmate.com. Anyone have any opinions?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra type r
    Hey, does anyone know where I can find the wheel weights for most wheels?

I want to find out how much the gt-n's are gonna weigh. I'm assuming that because they're volks, they wont be too heavy. any ideas?

volk gtn 18x7.5 = 18.5 lbs
    volk gtn 18x8.5 = 19 lbs

without tyres

Member Array
    Car:
    gogomobile
    Make sure you get the lug nuts made out of lead when you get the 17 or 18" wheels for your R, they will harsh improve ur handling and acceleration.

If I were you i would get

either 16 x 7 ce28's or te37
    or 17 x7.5 ce28's ot te37

the 16 will give you better performance
    "When a man has reached the stage of having just about everything a woman could ask for, she usually does."

/Oo ___H___ oO\
    |=_/_______\_=|

Learn how to detail properly

http://www.guidetodetailing.com/

Quote Originally Posted by joeylee
    I'm lookin at the GT-N's. Not too easy to find a pair of 17x7 though.

Yeah, I guessed that any bigger than 17X7 would be illegal.

I sourced a set brand new for a pretty good price but they're 17x8's. So this is my dilemma.

fasinn8: 18x9s they some fat ass wheels? did you need to do any mods for it to fit? What model teg?

Hey thanks heaps guys. I'll prob just try to source a set of 17X7's.

So itr025, with the 17X7's any offsets between +35 -> +45 is ok? what difference would it make if it was 35 as opposed to 45? Wheels stick out more???? Any difference in cornering, driving?

So, itr025, you have a dc2r too, do u know of any good kits that arent too common? I was quite intersted in the C-West or TR2 kits at www.carmate.com. Anyone have any opinions?

A quick search on google:
    http://www.superhonda.com/tech/wheel_weights.html
    http://www.wheelweights.net/
    http://www.miata.net/faq/wheel_weights.html

For the same width wheel, offset +35 will stick out of the chasis 10mm (1cm) more than +45. The only reason I know +35 will work is because that is the offset of the Spoon 16x7 SW388's that Spoon recommends if you run Spoon calipers. Though I have a feeling it will stick out a tad. I've run +43 -> +45 and they look perfect. I'd highly recommend running some light forged 16's if you're after performance.

Bodykit... sorry I haven't seen any bodykits for DC2 that I like... Though I like CF bonnets Only other exterior addition I can think of that I like is the Spoon CF lip for JDM DC2R.

VTECACCORD: Lug Nuts made out of lead??? That would add extra unsprung weight no? (although probably marginal). RAYS wheel nuts which I think we're both running are like 25-30g and made out of Duraluminum...

Member Array
    Car:
    #28R
    hmm... i'm also looking for volks but i want 17x8 my friend runs 17x7.5 and has had no issues he's even run it on track without scraping...

joey if you get an offset of +35 in 17" it may scrape if you don't have stiff suspension

yes 16" will give you better performance but if you want performance only i don't see anything wrong with the standard wheels i love the look of them and they're quite light, if i'm not mistaken they're forged aluminium or some sort of alluminium alloy???
    ...the return of

Standard AUDM DC2R rims are cast not forged. But they are very light for an OEM rim. However a very handy amount of weight can still be saved by going to forged 15's or 16's from stock.