Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '91 Lude 2.0L DOHC b20A

Do '94 Si's have that "BUMP" in the middle of the back seat?... can i replace it?

Hey, am looking at getting a gen4 prelude (can't afford a vti-r, but want 4ws) so i'm looking for an si. I'm under the impression that the backseat of the gen4's have like a blocky looking thing separating the two back seats. I read somewhere that this is not true of the 94's... can anyone confirm this?

If this is not the case, is there a backseat from another Gen prelude that i could stick in there? I just don't like it

Cheers,

Whatsthedillio

Member Array
    Car:
    91' S2 Prelude
    yer it does... but it can be replaced with ones without... its not that bad is it? not like your gonna be sitting there and its too small back there for *ahem* more info search around preludeaustralia.com

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '91 Lude 2.0L DOHC b20A
    lol, i wasn't planning on sitting back there ... or *ahem* i'm just fussy on appearance i'd rather have the nicest looking car than the fastest. When you say it can be replaced with ones without... you mean as in other gen back seats? or somekind of one i get from honda or.... can you expand please

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9+E36 318 iS Sport
    i think that was an option? so you'll find that some cars will have the block in the middle, and some won't...if i'm not wrong it was also an option in civics of that generation, or at least that's what i've been told

Nah it wasnt an option. The 92-93 4th gens have the long centre console, where as the 94-96 have the shorter one with the arm rest. So if you buy 94+ you shouldnt have a problem.

I swapped out my long console in my 92, and it was a bit of a pain. Just buy the 94+.

G33Ksta

Member Array
    Car:
    ek <3
    doesnt the bump come stock? lol

If you want the nicest looking car why are you getting a 4th gen when you have a 3rd :P.

Quote Originally Posted by 91'lude
    If you want the nicest looking car why are you getting a 4th gen when you have a 3rd :P.
    This coming from a guy wanting to buy a 4th gen to replace his 3rd gen! lol

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '91 Lude 2.0L DOHC b20A
    Yeah 91Lude, see my avitar... that car was hit and written off by a garbage truck that didn't give way. It was a 91 with 173,000k's i bought off a 40yr old guy with a family. I haven't seen another gen3 that comes close in condition for sale

Thanks for the info guys

Quote Originally Posted by G33K
    This coming from a guy wanting to buy a 4th gen to replace his 3rd gen! lol
    Yeah, 4th gens are much easier to find in good condition, the Si/S dont have much performance gains, but for whatever reason that couple of years age difference makes alot of difference when it comes to the quality of the used cars...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    95 vti Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmlvn
    doesnt the bump come stock? lol
    nah its a sick mod =P haha

Just live with the hump/bump. 3 people aint getting into that backseat bump or no bump unless we be talking midgets.