Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s

high rpm launching

ive been reading that for goor E.T's that a high rpm launch is needed.

ive tried in my car and i just get wheel spin and hopping. For a decent launch i have to take off at 3000rpm and even then cant use full throttle as i lose traction and get hop.

What would i have to change on the car to eliminate this ?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG civic si (d16a8)
    Quote Originally Posted by h22a accord
    ive been reading that for goor E.T's that a high rpm launch is needed.

ive tried in my car and i just get wheel spin and hopping. For a decent launch i have to take off at 3000rpm and even then cant use full throttle as i lose traction and get hop.

What would i have to change on the car to eliminate this ?
    1st issue - you have a fwd car and will never be as "good" as a rwd launch
    2nd issue - were u using slicks?. street tyres on fwd + high rpm launch will always = spin/hopping

Member Array
    Car:
    Twisted
    I thin kyou have to bite the bullet and learn how to ride the clutch a bit

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    EGK24A
    traction bar , proper suspension set up , drag radial / full slicks , proper lsd , good clutch > its a must.
    JDMyard Pty Ltd
    25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 02 97572364
    Email : yonas@jdmyard.com , Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/JDMYard
    www.JDMyard.com

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    Quote Originally Posted by STOCK
    I thin kyou have to bite the bullet and learn how to ride the clutch a bit
    thanks for the insight buddy......

Member Array
    Car:
    1991 Integra LS
    i would take EG5's advise. Looking at his 1/4 mile time he wouldn't be doing much wrong! Damn sub 13sec ppl :P

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    thanks eg5 ive got the power, now i just need to do what you said plus some stripping of the interior and maybe i'll get a low 14.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra VTI-R
    let abit of the air pressure out of ur tyre......... it may help that tiny little bit

www.bigcreativa.com.au Array
    Car:
    1998 EK9
    also if you have a coilover setup, set the stiffness on a medium to a high setting and lowest ride height for the front and the stiffest and highest setting on the rear. this might help you get down the track a little quicker.

Member Array
    Car:
    K20-EG Drag Car
    I have to disagree have the car as low as possible all round, low centre of gravity, less weight transfer, less aerodynamic drag, faster time.
    As for suspension depending on your budget and your car as to whats the best mods, if you have an EG-EK etc chassis get traction bars for the car, the will help alot, also coilovers are a got help, but Get a 750-1000lbs spring for the rear and run around 600lb's in the front. get adjustable shocks, depending on the tyre pressure as to where to have your shocks set.. I'm assuming you'll be on a near full road tyre.
    So, you'll have the pressure around 12-16psi probably start at 20psi and drop from there til you start to loose more traction than you have gained. set the rear suspension on hard, and pump the rear tyres up to about 40psi. If you havea big hole in your grill, steal a real estate agents sign or something like that and tape it on over the hole, that will gain you about 0.2 seconds alone. The list goes on..
    If you spend some money and go to a Semi slick, or full slick, then Do your warm up skid in 2nd, by this I mean dump the clutch at 5500-7000 in 2nd with the handbrake on to warm the tyres, don't try shifting to 2nd from 1st. On semi's and slicks you'll need to play with tyre pressures even more. Personally I run my slicks at 5.5psi the first run they start at 6psi and end up at 10-12psi after the run so check them again and let the down accordingly. Suspension settings will be different again since slicks will mean no wheel hop. so you can adjust the front harder to stop the lifting from happening...
    Anyway good luck...

I was equipped by Mugen Array
    Car:
    Lexus Soarer V8 GTLimited
    Nice information there dude.

Can you just elaborate on this traction bar and where it goes and cost etc ?

cheers

Honda resource for enthusiasts with all the latest news from Honda, downloads, media, photo albums, technical information and lots more!

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    Excellent info non_vtec, the mods should sticky that post.