Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Cyborg
    yeh mate np

i just thought it may help u

btw r u sure u aint mayb thinking of a white EG civic with a b18c in it ?

and yeh it had all of the interior stripped - it was from NZ

if its this one then , im just saying, that it was a b18c - not b16a

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Toyota MR2 AW11-2zzge :)
    Quote Originally Posted by dasicvtec
    yeh mate np

i just thought it may help u

btw r u sure u aint mayb thinking of a white EG civic with a b18c in it ?

and yeh it had all of the interior stripped - it was from NZ

if its this one then , im just saying, that it was a b18c - not b16a

Yeh could be. THose crazy kiwis
    As I was writing it I was trying to remember if B18 or B16...thought B16 sounded more impressive.

In one of those links I found the weight of the american equivalent to breeze is about 960kgs.

Not that it probably matters to most ppl on a performance car forum, but the EF civic scored a significantly worse passenger safety rating in the NRMA crash data as opposed to the EG which scored an average rating. On that alone, adding a high powered engine would seem a little misguided.. to me anyway.

What I would be concerned about is the issue of handling.. the EF civic was designed to work with lighter SOHC engines, not heavier DOHC engines like the B18C so the already apparent trait of understeer in FF cars would become more apparent with the extra weight of the heavier engine and gearbox over the fron axle and would be harder to dial out with suspension tweeks. The EG on the other hand was designed to work with the B16A from the factory so the extra weight of the B18C wouldn't upset the chassis balance that much. It's also a much better looking and well engineered car IMO...
    "He who would travel happily must travel light"
    Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    EGK24A
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooro
    Sounds like were heading down similar paths. I think if I can find a breeze at a good price (probably need to find one with a buggered engine or something) then I will go that option but I think budget will determine that I go for an ED since I've seen many for about $1000.

As for weights I'm gonna have a good hard look on the web and see if I can find something because no one seems to know but with the relatively low powered engines we are using it's quite important.

I remeber an EG civic in zoom a while ago that was runinng a fairly stock B16A but was totally stripped (I mean interior, dash, rear floorpan and rear suspension) and it was running low 12's. Not my cup of tea but shows you what can be done.

If you don't mind could you pm how much you paid for your breeze. Maybe you can be the bunny for me and tell me all about how you go and what problems arise.
    That was x hayden's eg hatch
    ran 11.7 pb allmotor with b18
    at some stage it was running a stock internal b16 with slicks and ran 13.3.
    but this is race car , not legal at all for road use.
    JDMyard Pty Ltd
    25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 02 97572364
    Email : yonas@jdmyard.com , Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/JDMYard
    www.JDMyard.com

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    i have an EG3 breeze with a b16a2 (with working aircon) lightweight wheels and mine weighs 940kgs and thats with full interior.

i rekkon if i was to lose the aircon.. and interior i would get it to under 900kgs

Quote Originally Posted by Captiva_Blue
    Not that it probably matters to most ppl on a performance car forum, but the EF civic scored a significantly worse passenger safety rating in the NRMA crash data as opposed to the EG which scored an average rating. On that alone, adding a high powered engine would seem a little misguided.. to me anyway.

What I would be concerned about is the issue of handling.. the EF civic was designed to work with lighter SOHC engines, not heavier DOHC engines like the B18C so the already apparent trait of understeer in FF cars would become more apparent with the extra weight of the heavier engine and gearbox over the fron axle and would be harder to dial out with suspension tweeks. The EG on the other hand was designed to work with the B16A from the factory so the extra weight of the B18C wouldn't upset the chassis balance that much. It's also a much better looking and well engineered car IMO...
    ??? EF's came with sohc yes but also had the DOHC ZC and B16a in them, plus you would be doing work on your suspension anyway, if you wern't you'd be stupid, so the extra weight would have almost no affect at all.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Dammit my brother just picked up a 1988 efi CRX for $1500 in reasonable condition. That would have been perfect!

ED'S are great little cars but if you are going to do an engine conversion you need to replace alot of things and will need alot of cash....I talk from experience as i have been upgrading my ed for the past 3 years.

But if you get the setup right you will love it, i have an ed with b16a and its awsome to drive.

ausvtec

Member Array
    Car:
    83,83 & 84 gen1s & 91 CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooro
    Dammit my brother just picked up a 1988 efi CRX for $1500 in reasonable condition. That would have been perfect!
    U serious???? where from?!?!?! buy it off him!!!
    GENONE - 1983 Honda CRX | BANDIT - 1984 Honda CRX/HKS Supercharger | SINISTR - 1991 Honda CRX | RACECRX - 1983 Honda CRX with JDM B16A

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    I'm dead serious. He rang me up last night a said do you wanna come look at a CRX. I went with him with the intent of buying it myself but then he decided it was too good a buy. I'm not telling you were we got it yet cos the money hasn't been handed over so I don't want anyone else jumping in first.

It's a red crx with 370,000kms on it. It has cracked radiator (aparently the motor is alright but who knows) and a small dent in the passenger door, the paint is also a bit oxidised but otherwise completely stock and reasonable condition. He wants to put a B18C in it as well. Cheeky bugger got in before me.

Member Array
    Car:
    83,83 & 84 gen1s & 91 CRX
    oh - thats a bit of a bummer - didn't know you had competition with your brother for a CRX...

share it with him LOL
    GENONE - 1983 Honda CRX | BANDIT - 1984 Honda CRX/HKS Supercharger | SINISTR - 1991 Honda CRX | RACECRX - 1983 Honda CRX with JDM B16A

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Yeh hes always been a honda man. He currently owns a Honda City Turbo II which he'll be selling. I used to give hime shit about it cos my silvia absolutely creams it but now I've come over to the dark side.