Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng
    Honda Australia is a bit sad... Even the JDM 2.4 litre Accord Euro has 147kW instead of our pissy 140kW.. I guess HA decided to use a detuned K24 so that Integra sales would not be affected. Bad idea.... The Euro and Integra markets are vastly different. Even ITR and CTR, those who like coupe would NEVER get a hatch, while those who prefer the space of the hatch would never get a coupe.
    Blame that on our sh*tty fuel!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by SiR
    Blame that on our sh*tty fuel!
    The Americans get worse fuel compared to us. Their premium unleaded is 95 RON I think. Yet, their TSX has a K24 that pushes 200hp. So I don't think it's the fuel. The engine makes power from the cams anyway. The fuel used determines how high the compression ratio can be. Euro has 10.5:1, but hey, the Corolla Sportivo runs 11.5:1 and still runs on our shitty 98 RON premium stuff. If highly-tuned Ferraris are seen running around Australia with petrol pump premium fuel, then petrol quality is no excuse, unless of course Ferrari actually sells octane booster to every Ferrari owner.

Member Array
    Car:
    ホンダ
    HA sucks.......they think they can survive just by selling CRV and Jass......why they can bring the bloody hell MDX to here (which didnt sell at all!!) but reject ITR and CTR?........they think by killing ITR they can rise their image to Lexus? it totally doen't make sence to me.....

PS:Honda's product line is getting narrower and narrower and i think they will be marginalise.......
    地下インポート
    www.undergroundimports.com.au

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I remember reading that HA wanted to have an image like Lexus, and to focus on SUV, luxury sedan and sports sedan. No more hard core Type R. Too bad HA, Toyota can do Toyota+Lexus branding, bring in IS, ES series and also the Corolla Sportivo. Why can't HA something similar. They could have at least did the CTR on a manufacture per order basis like the ITR.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Type-R
    Forget about it, Honda Australia just blxxdy hopeless, they only know how to please the old people and forget about Honda's sporty image, it's quite obviously in the last of couple years. At the end, Nissan(S15, Z33 etc), Subaru (WRX, STI,..etc) and Mitsubishi (EVO8,9 & colt Ralliart) shared the oz sporty car market, Finally if u tell you mate or any chicks you have a Honda ---- something like that, they will ask how old are you? you look not that old mate.
    Look! Honda's sporty image gone!!

apart from the s2k...no longer any sporty image in honda ozzie

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra DC5S
    Well they had the integra, to me its a much better car than other sport cars like s15 wrx and celicas? The problem is most people dont know about honda integras and its underrated so they r not big with the sales compared to s1 and wrx's. With s2000, who can afford a 70k car and its a convertable too.
    I dont really know what the problem is

hmm...the problem is such cars are taxed tooo much in oz...such cars are much cheaper in the states and britain

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 DC5R
    surely wrx's and s15 would be taxed at similar levels tho?
    definately agree with vupham that the integra is very underated, but australia seems to be fixated with either V8's or turbos so that doesn't surprise me.

yakuza: there are more recent threads about the new CTRso might be worth checking out.

Member Array
    Car:
    SEX 24/7
    do u know if they will come out in the 4dr civic type r?

like the JDM version?

fark i want the 4dr extra doors for the family but with balls!!
    ------------------------------------------------
    EGK20A - CIVIC Sleeper stylez

Member Array
    Car:
    1996 VTI-R HB Civic

American RON rating

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    The Americans get worse fuel compared to us. Their premium unleaded is 95 RON I think. Yet, their TSX has a K24 that pushes 200hp. So I don't think it's the fuel. The engine makes power from the cams anyway. The fuel used determines how high the compression ratio can be. Euro has 10.5:1, but hey, the Corolla Sportivo runs 11.5:1 and still runs on our shitty 98 RON premium stuff. If highly-tuned Ferraris are seen running around Australia with petrol pump premium fuel, then petrol quality is no excuse, unless of course Ferrari actually sells octane booster to every Ferrari owner.
    Close Aaron,

The Best fuel you can buy from a service station in the states is: 92Ron...
    Johnny B.

Representing DH-R All Day Everyday
    http://www.dh-racing.com/motors.html

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVtec View Post
    Close Aaron,

The Best fuel you can buy from a service station in the states is: 92Ron...
    Americans don't use RON to measure fuel octane number. That's why 92 octane in the states is equivalent to 95 RON here.
    Last edited by NeoNode; 16-03-2007 at 06:04 PM.
    Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.