Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    the EP3 CTR is a real monster. If they someone imports them, I will drop the 'lude in an instant.

ROKAGESAMA Array
    Car:
    2009 Lexus ISF
    Quote Originally Posted by McChook
    the EP3 CTR is a real monster. If they someone imports them, I will drop the 'lude in an instant.
    i'll drop the lude anywayz :P

joke mate
    Team Bacchus Racing Lexus ISF
    Bacchus Energy drink
    Drive your Energy

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    :x

don't diss the lude... Hopefully, within the month, she will be kicking serious ass....

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    i do remember Honda Australia looking at the CTR as a possible import if the exchange rates improved, so its a possibility. The reasons given before was that it would be too expensive to sell.

Havent heard anything definite though

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    never. HA will not even contemplate it

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    Honda Australia is considering the hot
    three-door Civic Type-R as a low volume
    import candidate. Pricing will be the main
    issue, as it could not be placed too close
    to the soon to be released Integra
    Type-R. The base model Civic three-door
    is not a candidate for Australia because
    the UK-built car would be too expensive.
    from http://www.mellor.net/mellor/enews.nsf/edition/E8629928E2A482DECA256A8400210AC8/$file/2001.07.09_enews91.pdf

So HA have definitely contemplated it (though the article here is in 2001, i hav seen one much more recently which i cannot find that said the same thing).

Why wouldnt they think of bringing in a car that would enhance the Honda reputation here?

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    Honda only comtemplated the 3 door - we were 3 weeks from receiving it when honda pulled the plug. we were going to see the Si model variant, which is popular in the UK and now in the US. The CTR was never on the cards.

I can only see us ever getting the 3door Si... and now it is too late in the model run, and honda australia have shot themsleves in the feet... They ****ed up bigtime, and they know it.

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    It's been the story with Honda since day one - we have never got the hot hatches. Basically - some idiot in marketing thinks it will encroach on the line-up of another Honda and the plug is pulled. Another reason given is that it would prolly end up in the 50K bracket.
    Honda Australia sucks - always has, always will when catering to the performance civic market. Even the '74 RS1200s were private imports.
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    The price wouldn't be that high, damn. The re only UKP12,500 in england, which is under $30KAU. The could sell it easy for $40K here, and bring in REAL DC5 Type Rs for $45K.

Honda Australia are the biggest bunch of cowards.. Worse than mitsubishi...

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    50 was what it was touted at when the $ was weaker.

Even if we got the Si it'd be cool.

But nope - no 3 door :?
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by poid
    i do remember Honda Australia looking at the CTR as a possible import if the exchange rates improved, so its a possibility. The reasons given before was that it would be too expensive to sell.

Havent heard anything definite though
    The CTR is build in England for European and Japan markets.
    Powertrain is exactly the same as the aussie ITR.
    DJM ITR has a lot more powerful e/g.
    HA will not import the CTR, because it would be T/E and would cannibalise the ITR sales. 8)

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Civic EG5 with JDM B16
    yeah you have to consider Honda Australia's position in the Aussie Market..

they arent going to shoot themselves in the foot by bringing in the CTR from Europe for $40k+ while the Integra type R is like $38k

the Civic has to be placed below the integra in the Honda Line-up.

Now I could see a small possibility of the 3-door Si being released in Australia, but to get that car under $30k would be a logistics nightmare.

HOWEVER the sales of the 7th gen Civic have been far from ground-breaking so I think honda does have an opportunity to stir-up the market.

I think if Toyota and Nissan, even Mitsibishi, release NEW corollas, Pulsars and Lancers all at once, before Honda has the 8th gen civic ready, they MAY release the 3 door Si here in Aus to compete and keep their dwindling brand image for that segment alive.

FYI the Si has the K20 as seen in the Integra iS which like the old SOHC VTEC's it only has the i-VTEC effect on the intake valves, however this motor is DOHC.

Our Aussie Integra 'type R' is basically the same spec as the USDM RSX type S.

The Accord Euro has the K24 which is very similar.