Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    Quote Originally Posted by JINRAI
    By name and not by nature....it just has different specs! think most people need to get over it....and the worst thing is the actual owners don't seem to be complainin as much...

different specs....
    if i put a recaro interior and badged my car differently
    its still not a civic type R is it
    EK4 SiR
    1:16.3 @wakfield
    1:58.9 @ eastern creek

Member Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Quote Originally Posted by gelo
    different specs....
    if i put a recaro interior and badged my car differently
    its still not a civic type R is it
    That's totally diff, that's definitely not a Type-R...The Aus-spec Type-R is a Type R, it's just not a Jap-Spec one, it's as simple as that...btw, Recaros and badges didn't have to be fitted from stock therefore it is a Type R
    arrowz
    SiR

Member Array
    Car:
    00DC2R
    and why would they be complaining after splurging $40+ Ks?

Member Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Quote Originally Posted by wyl03
    and why would they be complaining after splurging $40+ Ks?
    better than CXI's splurging 10-15K to convert to CTRs.....
    arrowz
    SiR

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    JINRAI - I suggest you start another thread to argue/debate. I clicked on this topic to find out news about the CTR coming down under...not a debate about DC5s...in other words...Can we get back to the topic?

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    /me snickers

I've been working for 19 years now, I guess I just might be able to afford one. Then again, I have priorities such as a family etc which come before having a RSX with a pretty Type R badge on it

Besides, the DC5 is ugly - along with most modern Hondas

As for the CTR - Honda Aust has said no as there is "no market". SEVs is it. As was the point of my original post which obviously hurt your pride in the DC5, I restate: We have always got watered down varients of every Honda. Why would Honda Au change?

Hmmm... maybe the NSX is the exception, I don't know the JDM/Au spec differences.
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

Member Array
    Car:

re

if they got the EP3 in here,then should not be so many Corolla Sprotivo in the street now......

Member Array
    Car:
    1974 civic
    why would they stop bringing the ITR to oz and start with the civic?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    I agree.

Honda are trying to kill of the 'R' brand overall. They want to lose their 'performance' moniker and get into the boring old fuddy duddy market.

When I purchased my euro in early august, I was told that there was only 1 brand new current shape type r for sale and thats it. No more.

Civic Type R to Australia... HA! Yeah right.

F**king Honda! You could kill them but at the end of the day love them at the same time.

Member Array
    Car:
    4thGen Civic GL
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic Si
    Spoke to someone tonite and he 's pretty confident that da Civic Type R is coming down under! :|
    Sez that it's coming out around Oct?
    Can someone please confirm this rumour?
    Think K20A in a lighter body....! :nod:
    October 'tis. CTR 'tis not.
    I guess we could confirm it was just a rumour. As WE'd know by now, wouldn't we ?

i actually don't mind the fact that Honda Oz might not have a enthusiast market for some years to come.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Honda Australia is a bit sad... Even the JDM 2.4 litre Accord Euro has 147kW instead of our pissy 140kW.. I guess HA decided to use a detuned K24 so that Integra sales would not be affected. Bad idea.... The Euro and Integra markets are vastly different. Even ITR and CTR, those who like coupe would NEVER get a hatch, while those who prefer the space of the hatch would never get a coupe.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng
    Honda Australia is a bit sad... Even the JDM 2.4 litre Accord Euro has 147kW instead of our pissy 140kW.. I guess HA decided to use a detuned K24 so that Integra sales would not be affected. Bad idea.... The Euro and Integra markets are vastly different. Even ITR and CTR, those who like coupe would NEVER get a hatch, while those who prefer the space of the hatch would never get a coupe.
    Blame that on our sh*tty fuel!