Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2011 FPV F6
    Quote Originally Posted by curik View Post
    after comparing the specs of the UKDM and JDM type Rs, I would not get the UKDM's at all. Its just as what Jeremy clarkson and Motor magazine said. Lack of torque, expensive, noisy, rides on brick suspension, and extra weight with no upgraded powerplant.

I can understand the difference between the JDM Type R and the EuroType R
    can make one feel a bit cheated.The WRXs ,EVOs and probably others have higher spec cars in Japan than Australia anyway.
    Jeremy Clarkson is foremost an entertainer, he loves being controversial and like some journos,don't mind trolling the public.At least a CTR would get him from A to B,not like his expensive POS Ford GT he bought some time ago a real lemon and that was made known on the Top Gear show!Speaking of Top Gear what did the Stig choose as the the Hottest Hatch ?...the CTR!
    Magazines such as CAR,AUTOEXPRESS,WhatCar,TOP GEAR all praised the CTR.
    The EVO and the AUTOCAR mags were the only ones that thought it could've been better although,AutoCar has very recently had a change of heart after having a Civic R for a longer while and now they're saying it's a great car!
    The FN2 aka the CTR,has some stiff competition mainly with turbo competitors and from what I have read on other forums from people that own CTRs,it 's holding up it's own.
    It's not the fastest hatch ,however in some 1/4 mile comparisons with turbos it's just as fast or maybe just about 1/10 second slower.I don't consider the 1/4 mile figures to be the most crucial in a hot hatch,just one performance example.The Golf GTI and the Focus XR5 in some tests had similiar 1/4 mile figures to the FN2.
    But when all is said and done,a true personal opinion can only be formed by taking it for a test drive.
    Last edited by fasthonda; 07-06-2007 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Grammer

Member Array
    Car:
    eg sedan
    i bet best motoring will have a segment where the jdm type r faces off with the euro type r. that would be really interesting to see.

Member Array
    Car:
    2011 FPV F6

Civic TypeR FD2 - Tsukuba Battle

Neither the Euro CTR or the US SI Civic would stand a chance against the JDM CTR.
    The following clip best shows why :

http://youtube.com/watch?v=f6LQkP-yJZo

Apologies if already posted.

Member Array
    Car:
    eg sedan
    and they should have the ep3r thrown in there for good measure to see whether or not the new type r's are a step forward in performance.

Member Array
    Car:
    eg sedan
    wow its pretty good hey. but lol at allthe ff haters that commented on the video in youtube.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord '94 VTi

16 new Civic Type-R have been already sold

According to Honda Australia 16 new Civic Type-R have been already sold !?

Where are they if CTR has not been released yet !

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by d15z1SUX View Post
    and they should have the ep3r thrown in there for good measure to see whether or not the new type r's are a step forward in performance.
    The FN2 CTR is already much quicker than the DC5R on Tsukuba. So it will also be just as quick when put against an EP3.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidor View Post
    According to Honda Australia 16 new Civic Type-R have been already sold !?

Where are they if CTR has not been released yet !
    If you were willing to pay cash upfront without seeing or test driving the CTR, I'm sure you could get one if you were good mates with the dealer or someone at Honda.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    NYC Subway
    I can tell you now that you don't need to be good mates with the dealer or with someone at Honda.

Dealers are taking deposits for them.

Check out the CTR's already rallying in Europe - http://www.jasmotorsport.com
    Last edited by pkn; 08-06-2007 at 03:57 PM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by pkn View Post
    I can tell you now that you don't need to be good mates with the dealer or with someone at Honda.

Dealers are taking deposits for them.
    Yeah, but a few new CTRs have been spotted on the road, and WITHOUT dealer plates!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    NYC Subway
    Hmm I dunno how it is down there, but no dealer has a CTR in their possession at this point in time. So I'm thinking it's Honda Australia, but if so, there's only 3, and they are all the one's bought over from the UK. They definitely shouldn't be on the road in any case.

ADM Shipments have just arrived for VIC, and NSW haven't arrived yet, looks like it'll be delayed with the shocking weather we are having up here.

Member Array
    Car:
    2011 FPV F6
    I emailed Honda Australia about spotting the Civic Type R on the road.Below is
    their response to my query.

"Thank you for contacting us regarding the Civic Type R.

Presently, the Civic Type R is not available to the general public until the car goes on sale mid-year. However, a number of these vehicles have arrived and are being driven by Honda employees for testing and evaluation purposes.

Kind regards,.......................................... ..........................................."