Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    94 Prelude

Red face Reduce Noise

Hey all

I have a cat back exhaust (2 1/2 inch pipe out to a 4 inch cannon) on my JDM H22A, the thing is loud and i was wondering how i could reduce the noise..not to complete silence but something easy to listen to. When the car picks up at the high revs then its sweet but anything below VTEC gets irritating sometimes . People have told me to put in another muffler but i wasnt sure whether or not it will reduce airflow and affect the performance of my car..any input will be great cheers

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    MagnaFlow perhaps? Deep Growl, nothing like the redback or lukey sort of sound..

Maybe a resonator as well?

If you really want performance for less sound, I'd go REMUS but considering the entry level muffler alone costs like 700 bucks a pop and you can't get your local exhaust guy to do it for you, it will have to be arranged by you to have a REMUS installer do the work for you.
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Prelude
    When your talking about REMUS, is this a whole new exhaust system or just the muffler?

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Muffler only....
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW001
    solution would definitely be: change your muffler...
    arrowz
    blz-arw001

OTO-KREW

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    yeah, change you muffler, i have 2.5" on my h22a and i had a tanabe hyper medallion muffler....it was waaaaaay too loud, i put a redback muffler on instead...its like 5 times smaller that the tanabe but about half as loud. Its not a sonic boom sound anymore.

what about one of those twin loop mufflers?

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Prelude
    hrmm when you say you put the redback one on, did you notice any power decrease?? i live in sydney if you know any good places that supply muffler's that reduce noise but keeps the performance gimme details thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    EKD
    show us pics of ur muffler.. when can help ya out more then.. sounds like a small diameter muffler.. i.e generic cannon...

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Prelude
    i was thinking of putting the standard tip back on...what do yous reckon? piping will remain the same but standard tip..man im just sick of the sound, just want to be able to hear my engine

im pretty sure that the size of your tip does not affect the loudness

Member Array
    Car:
    ek <3
    anychance ur car is blue..i like that prelude..lmao