Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    if its manual........gearbox fluid = transmission fluid.

Generally for manual car, i call it gearbox oil. But for an auto, I call it transmission fluid.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Ok, hope you're right, coz i forget where, but they said theres a difference.
    And yes its a manual.

thought they were the same but i got confused after reading that there was a difference

its a common problem with Vtir's.

Run half tranny fluid, half gearbox oil for 1000kms
    then drain and replace with gear box oil. I burred a tooth on my 4th gear in my Sti and this stopped the crunching until I totally f--ked it.

euro1978: what's the difference between tranny fluid and gearbox oil ? or you're talking about the same thing?

I dont profess to being a mechanic and cannot tell you the exact differences

I do know that the auto transmision fluid they sell at kmart is not the same stuff as the redline gear oil I was using in my gearbox at the time. They are totally different consistencies.

I do know that this worked for my car at the time and it was worth a try before pulling the box out and pulliing it apart.