Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    yes.

you could...

but only if you did most of the work yourself...
    B20VTEC - since 2002

I was equipped by Mugen Array
    Car:
    Lexus Soarer V8 GTLimited
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul1985
    thats pretty much the same as u posted Civic Type R, still a good read..
    Yep thats correct

Honda resource for enthusiasts with all the latest news from Honda, downloads, media, photo albums, technical information and lots more!

Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul1985
    so..
    if u were to go buy a used EG for say, $7000, you could have a hybrid k20/k24 installed for approx. $12,000

so you would be paying up around the $20,000 mark all up for an EG with a hybrid k-series engine
    No.

You will have an EG civic with an angine that will snap the car in half when you launch it !

Remember you will need to do all sorts of brake, chassis, fuel, suspension etc upgrades to make it work in harmony

Honda resource for enthusiasts with all the latest news from Honda, downloads, media, photo albums, technical information and lots more!

Quote Originally Posted by Civic Type R
    No.

You will have an EG civic with an angine that will snap the car in half when you launch it !

Remember you will need to do all sorts of brake, chassis, fuel, suspension etc upgrades to make it work in harmony
    Civic Type R - the answer to paul's question, is actually yes.

he did not ask whether it would be safe, drivable or anything else...

and i think EGK20A proved that EG's dont snap in half too easily
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Car:
    yeah i agree with you and it is an obvious yes but both you and I know theres a lot more to it than just simply dropping in an engine.

yeah, fair point, but specifically IMO, paul's journey has taken him far enough along the road to understand that crucial point,

but it seems like it is still "ballpark" time for him...
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    ek <3
    good good good

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    you have to admit a k24 powered eg for 20k is a fantastic idea, even if you chuck another 5k on suspension brakes and body strength, and it would easily run into the 12's over the 1/4 mile

think about lining up a wrx or 200sx in a "stock" gli civic oh yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Jomsy
    think about lining up a wrx or 200sx in a "stock" gli civic oh yeah
    i think the fat slicks on the front would kinda give it away

Car:
    Or someone like Yonas in the drivers seat

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell
    yeah, fair point, but specifically IMO, paul's journey has taken him far enough along the road to understand that crucial point,

but it seems like it is still "ballpark" time for him...
    just because i cant afford one, doesnt mean im not interested in what something like this costs, of course you have to update brakes, suspension etc, nothing wrong with wanting to learn about this engine or its costs IMO.. i am new to the k-series and am keen to learn more on it.. ive been doing a fair bit of research on it lately

btw this engine seems to sit extrememly low to the ground when swapped into an EG!! was looking at some pics just before..

i want one although its only "ballpark" time, still, theres nothing wrong with dreaming

also, it was mentioned that the chassis needs to be strengthened. In what ways?

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    EGK24A
    12k for the swap is VERY optimistic.

it can be done if you do all the work yourself and using stock ecu stock header stock everything.

and its very hard to run 12s without tuning and proper header in a street car.
    JDMyard Pty Ltd
    25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 02 97572364
    Email : yonas@jdmyard.com , Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/JDMYard
    www.JDMyard.com