Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Was '04 Accord Euro, GP
    damn spoiled children

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord euro auto Lux
    Automatic is good. He is inexperienced though, Auto has nothing wrong with it. its a matter of manual being faster. If you want to cruise in style and comfort go auto. If you like MT Go mt. I like the auto, but sometimes do crave the manual euro because i know what im missing on. i test drove one but at the end of the day.... i see others in there old holden and fords and say to my self "Damn im lucky"

Auto or manual your choie

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Genesis
    Automatic is good. He is inexperienced though, Auto has nothing wrong with it. its a matter of manual being faster. If you want to cruise in style and comfort go auto. If you like MT Go mt. I like the auto, but sometimes do crave the manual euro because i know what im missing on. i test drove one but at the end of the day.... i see others in there old holden and fords and say to my self "Damn im lucky"

Auto or manual your choie

Kids these days....

Oh wait, i'm only 18. But seriously, what are your dad's thinking spending ~30k on a 16 year old.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9|NA6CE
    Quote Originally Posted by BusterSonic12
    huh ?? what do u mean??
    of cos my dad is paying for it, i can't afford it myself...
    So what is the bodykit in the 1st link ??
    Quote Originally Posted by Matell
    damn spoiled children
    My thoughs exactly.

It's a real shame he's getting a Euro cos by the time he's on his P's it will be in ruins cos of his inexperience. Poor Euro. Plus he won't get a chance to fang it cos he's on his L's and his daddy prob won't let him. Wasted Euro If he does get a chance to fang it he'll prob plough into something solid. Poor Euro again...

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord euro auto Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by Bol
    Kids these days....

Oh wait, i'm only 18. But seriously, what are your dad's thinking spending ~30k on a 16 year old.
    Hey mate, lol i bought the euro for long term. Going to keep it as long as i live. If i ahve money when im older ill buy an M3 but thats not the point.... i bought the uro because its jap car and after 5 years it will be good car as anything else on the market in the same price range. The onyl reason my dad bought me the euro because its dangerous to learn on Ls on big FWDs and i still ahve my euro after all this time.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Slugoid
    If he does get a chance to fang it he'll prob plough into something solid. Poor Euro again...
    That said - bloody difficult car to lose control of and is quite safe. I can't think of a car I have driven that is so easy to control for the average driver. Much easier, for example, to oversteer and lose control in a base model Commodore. Euro has also some of the best brakes in the business in wet conditions (better than even the $90k BMW 330 - see latest Wheels mag). Maybe his dad just wants a safe car for him?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord euro auto Lux
    Car is safe but if your doing to drive like an idiot..... no comment. This bloke i know has a v8 new falcon and he is doing heavy handbreaking turns etc burnouts... .. hes an idiot. now they are stealing his license away because he smasged into someones car lol.

like yfin said the euro is a very safe car.

And if his parents have decided to and can spend the money on a good car what better choice than the euro?

The way i see it they are buying him a nice luxurious car that isnt tooo fast but still sporty and is also very safe so later on he'll have the experience to move up to the evoX or whatever his relatives have.

I have a mate who's 18 year old sister has a brand new slk350 bought for her after she got into pharmacy at uni. and were talking 100,000 plus on road for that. But shit somewhere along the line someone worked for that money so who are we to judge? Tall poppy syndrome i think

Personally i'm looking foward to when he sells the car i might get some cheap parts

Oh and theres nothign wrong with the euro auto either. If thats what your getting id be happy - wont have give clutch wear/clicking or failing master cyldiner a second thought (i think?)

Member Array
    Car:
    ek <3
    lol use the $1000 to buy a GT wing hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9|NA6CE
    Euro is a safe car, I agree, but in the hands of an inexperienced driver, anything can happen. Oversteer is one thing, understeer is another, and the Euro has plenty of the latter.

Hot into the corner, late braking due to misjudgement, turn, understeer, plough gutter. I guess you have to be going pretty fast to do that, but I mean for a male, P platers, car enthusiest....who can tell?? I know half of my friends were total maniacs when they were fresh on P's (including myself :P). Luckily all of them are still alive and pretty tame and safe drivers now.

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Just out of curiosity Buster, whereabouts are you located?
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Eurolux SatNav
    Quote Originally Posted by SSML
    I strongly suggest u to persuade ur dad to get a manual
    arguments u can use (if ur dad is concerned about safety issue)
    (1) cheaper to buy(save u ~2000$)
    (2)use less fuel
    (3)easier(cheaper) to maintain
    (4)Manual not neccesary to be faster off the mark unless u r a professional driver.
    (5) Manual is safer to drive esp in high pressure turbo car. because u have total control of gears and maintain the engine speed(rev) . a powerful car with AT can be dangerous as sudden unwanted kick down during cornering can cause the car to lose control.

u can tell ur dad that Manual not equal fast car. u can get a very old slow volvo with manual box (no offense to volvo drivers. in fact, my dad had a Volvo760)
    heeh... nice point been putted damn the MDX didn't come with manual option or otherwise i will just telling my dad to buy manual one...don't misunderstood me~ my dad drives the MDX all the time... but luckily i do get chance to drive it...

back on to point, i think he is from asian family for 99.999% no offence coz i am AZN too, but if i were his dad i probably won't get my kid a car unless he does part time job and knows the importance of money coz i've seen some ppl just use eveything they have from their parents and just dun get how lucky they were....
    sorry if its a bit off topic...