Thread: Fitting bumper

Fitting bumper

I am trying to fit a new standard bumper on my EG hatch. The orignal one was damaged and scratched. Guy backed into it with a tow ball. I put the new bumper on but the top 5 screws(between headlight) is pushed lower on one side. So the screews do not reach. Tried lifting/jacking the support to bend it but that doesnt work. Anyone know how to fix it? or should i just use longer screws?
    Thanks.
    TVIS - Toyota VTEC imitation system

sounds like your radiator support had been bent/warped... if you have the confidence get yourself a hammer and hit it into shape... at worse you could pay a panel shop to get it back into shape for you

you CAN DIY pul it back up with a normal jack , and a piece of wood or a brick. Simply wedge it under the middle , and slowly "jack up" and the front will slowly pull up to the stock position again. Good luck

i have tried to jack it up, but it didnt move. started to lift the car abit so i stopped. am i doing something wrong? it probably 1cm max below where it should be.

do u lift it from the very tip of the support ? IS the middle piece of metal behind the hood latch , straight or bent too ?

i lifted the two supports on the sides as in ur tutorial. The one between the headlights (5 screws) is very stiff.