Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    91 Integra LS

Reccomended Subwoofers???

Hey guys, some clown decided to put a screwdriver through on of my subs so im gona change the entire set up completely. I wana have 2 12"inch subs set up in the back of a Integra LS, just curious on what people would recomend as good quality subs for a limited budget.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 Integra LS
    At first thoughts i was considering the pentagonal 12" 1200w Sony Subs. anyone rate em?

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW001
    Quote Originally Posted by 2NTICN
    At first thoughts i was considering the pentagonal 12" 1200w Sony Subs. anyone rate em?
    Three for the Sony Pentagonal 12" subs...

What amplifier are you 2NTICN? Recommendations will depend on the amplifier and its output.
    arrowz
    blz-arw001

OTO-KREW

Member Array
    get the JBL ones they're pretty good.
    http://www.strathfield.com.au/ViewPr...asp?ProdID=716
    u gotta have a good amp to run a good sub, a sh*t sub with a good amp will sound better than a good sub with a sh*t amp.
    Last edited by mj3610; 25-07-2005 at 04:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by riceball View Post
    ballers like barefootbonzai can afford to spend money on his car and save for a future...

Member Array
    Car:
    no longer drive one. :-(
    I rate the schneider duel 12" SPL-12DV. rrp$297.
    http://www.schneideraudio.com/sc_pro...ducts&proId=32

Had one in my civic and will be putting now in my g'f lancer.

new pioneer 12 inch looks hot. 1000w of power. plus theyve changed the back of em so they look sexy when u reverse mount them (terminology? lol)
    ...... and that's all I have to say about that.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    whats the limited budget?

pointless people telling you to get this or get that if your budget can get NICE subs...
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!

Member Array
    Car:
    White EM1
    IMO your better off spending the money you would on two subs and buy one of a decent quality
    Euro...?

The lower I go, the more she likes it!

Canberra Test Tag - For all your electrical testing needs

Member Array
    Car:
    n13 pulsar
    Quote Originally Posted by mugeneration
    new pioneer 12 inch looks hot. 1000w of power. plus theyve changed the back of em so they look sexy when u reverse mount them (terminology? lol)
    terminology is inverted subs when they are mounted bottom end out.

i would have to say as to the sony idea not a good buy. yeh they can look good but dont perform even for the low budget of their range as well as other similar priced and built subs. only thing i would buy from the sony range is the high end h/u's.

for a very low cost high effect sub i would recommend the clarion range for a very reasonable, low price, quality built sub.
    pioneer would be in a very similar price bracket to the clarions also and would be another top buy for the price.

next step up from that price bracket would be something in the lower alpine range, top sound quality and value for money and extremely good build and reliability.

those three would be my recommendations for bang for your dollar sub's but depending on how much you want to spend and what sort of amp you are running is more means to base a decision on.
    basically the quality of amp defines quality of sound and power output so you need to make you choice based on the amp. do not underpower your subs. give them a minimum of their recommended power requirements or you do risk hurting them sooner rather than later.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 Integra LS
    yeh i had that JBL 1000w 12" running off a BOSS 1000w amp, you'll have to forgive me im not that familiar with wat good amps are or not, but currently there is a SONY XPLOD amp in the boot but im not sure of its power output however it is currently supporting speakers aswell as the JBL sub for the time being.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 Integra LS
    im currently running a Alpine Head Unit with 2Preout + 1Subpreout, its the unit that is compatible with the AInet ipod box, cost big bucks in the states but i thought it was worth the investment. Impulse 6" splits in the front (duno if they are any good they sound aight and pioneer 3way 6" in the back?

Banned Array
    Car:
    Mud Crow
    Seas Audio for SQ
    DD for SPL