Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    euro
    Alpine Type S 12" for $200 x2 = $400 (these pump great in honda's) OR
    Alpine Type R 12" for $400 x1 (guessing theses will pump even better)
    or the Shneiders, they go alrite. OR just go for rockford fostgates

Member Array
    just remember most schneider subs are for sealed boxes and if theres air escaping from ur box it WILL put stress on the sub and eventuallu fry ur viocecoil. I think for what they're worth and their price the clarion subs make excellent subs but remember one thing when ur buying a sub; Watt rating on the sub means nothing, whether its RMS or PMPO... u can give a 300wrms sub 500 watts and it might put less stress on it than if u give a 300wrms sub 100watts. its distortion that destroys subs (and speakers) so sound quality of the sub will really depend on what amp u have and also KNOW ur maximum or optimum volume level without distortion so u dont blow ur new sub.
    cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by riceball View Post
    ballers like barefootbonzai can afford to spend money on his car and save for a future...

Quote Originally Posted by 2NTICN
    yeh i had that JBL 1000w 12" running off a BOSS 1000w amp
    ah i know your pain! The 1000w boss amps suck!
    ...... and that's all I have to say about that.

Member Array
    Car:
    n13 pulsar
    boss amp isnt a good idea.
    i would recommend you upgrade from the sony amp for starters, get something better as thats probably why your sub isnt giving you everything you want from it.
    the amp is basically the soul of the system, the better the amp, the more the power and sound quality you will get from it

Member Array
    Car:
    1989 prelude SI
    in my prelude i have two pioneer twelves 800 watt each runnin off a mtx 550 watt amplify and it pounds like crazy, and it didnt set me back alot,around $400 in a package at strathfield.....just go to there website heaps on sale at the moment...and talk it down with them sayin you saw it cheaper somewhere else...worked for me

Member Array
    Car:
    91 Integra LS
    thanx jared, sounds like a good idea ill give them a look...
    what amp would you guys reccommend if i was going to be running 2 JBL 1000w 12" like the one that dude showed me from strathfield, the link is on the first page.

Member Array
    this if u have the money, u cna prob find it cheaper somewhere else like ebay (trusted sellers onli)
    http://www.strathfield.com.au/ViewPr...sp?ProdID=1037
    Quote Originally Posted by riceball View Post
    ballers like barefootbonzai can afford to spend money on his car and save for a future...

Member Array
    Car:
    1989 prelude SI
    yeh if ya going to be running to jbl subs its best to go all out jbl amp as well, my mate ran two jbl 12s off a boss amp and stuffed his system, so its best to go all out or a well known amp, but if you go all jbl and get it in a package or somethin they normally drop value price of about $100, the only reason i went mtx amp over pioneer was that at that time they didnt have any in stock, but it is a good amp and iv heard good things about there subs as well just do us a favour and dont go for a cheap amp runnin good quality subs or a shit sub on a good amp...not good for ya system...ive lerant that the hard way

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX Gen 2
    Are you after SQ or SPL??
    I would recommend European brands if you want SQ.
    Jap brands I find just don’t produce the same SQ.
    I would have to strongly agree with what every one else has said about Sony subs! I find that alpine are the best non European subs and speakers. But I do have a Pioneer sub in my car that serves the purpose quite well.
    Can you give a rough budget? As said be for you are better of getting one good sub that to average ones!

Member Array
    Car:
    EG6ish
    umm try the jaycar response stuff

dual voice coil, 100% carbon fibre cone

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra LS
    In an LS, you honestly wont need more than one decent 12" sub. I had a thought of having 2 x 12" but then i scrapped that idea and just got a 12" pentagonal xplod sub. Now i know that sub isnt the best, but hell it runs really well off my kenwood amp. I am dissapointed with the sub now tho, it just cant exactly keep up, it starts distorting with certain music. If you have sum cash, then i would highly recomend checking out Directed audio studio subs. U can get a 12" dual voice coil and ive heard them and i tell you what, they are incredible. But it all depends on the system you want and how much your willing to spend.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 Integra LS
    i probably dont wana spend much more than $400. ive already got a sik alpine head unit, ive got a sony xplod amp running sum nice speakers and ive got the spare BOSS amp which i may aswell chuck to the sh!t from wat everyones telling me. i mainly just want a good pounding sub that looks sik in the back of an LS...