Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    is it just me or is everyone ignoring quality items here????
    http://www.strathfield.com.au/Products.asp?CatID=177
    i'd have any one of these 2 any day, if i could start my system over i'd buy the mtx one i've heard these babies in those boxes and i can tell ya its true what it says about it on the strathfield mtx page. if you havnt got much room and your amp isnt that powerful go for the JBL one.
    Quote Originally Posted by riceball View Post
    ballers like barefootbonzai can afford to spend money on his car and save for a future...

Member Array
    Car:
    180sx , DA9 sir
    crewin vega~~~~ nothing can beat it ...

Member Array
    Car:
    Golf GTI
    Quote Originally Posted by 180sx
    crewin vega~~~~ nothing can beat it ...
    alot of things can beat cerwin vega.

Anyway, for mid range budget check out the kicker range. At least they are honest with their power ratings by quoting continuous power (RMS) as opposed to other well known brands quoting peak power output.

I had a listen to some JL W1 12' subs today, and for an entry level sub, they sounded nice. Other notable mid range subs are the MTX subs, which are good. they are acurate and don't get too boomy at high volume.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 Integra LS
    well ive already got a nice custom box to sit it in so im after a decent sub to chuck in there, IM really thinking of getting another JBL sub. Will the MTX sub really sound that much better?

Member Array
    the jbl will sound good but the mtx will sound alot better cause that sub in the box is not their base models its one of their better subs.
    ballers like barefootbonzai can afford to spend money on his car and save for a future...

Member Array
    Car:
    91 Integra LS
    are u saying get the MTX in the box, or just an MTX and use my own box?

Member Array
    the box that it comes in is engineered for that sub and is properly ported. if you have a good box (not those cheap sh*t home made ones) then that sub will be really good, the jbl is alright too but i think the mtx one is a nice sub if u have a good box already just get the sub dw about the box its just a necessity.

Member Array
    Car:
    Golf GTI
    Quote Originally Posted by 2NTICN
    well ive already got a nice custom box to sit it in so im after a decent sub to chuck in there, IM really thinking of getting another JBL sub. Will the MTX sub really sound that much better?
    JBL are loud, and not much more. MTX get loud, but offer a better quality sound IMO

Fusion powerplant dual voice coil FP1200 ( I think)

They have been around for years and are still kicking ass...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by EGB16A
    alot of things can beat cerwin vega.

Anyway, for mid range budget check out the kicker range. At least they are honest with their power ratings by quoting continuous power (RMS) as opposed to other well known brands quoting peak power output.
    Yeah, i have had the sqaure 12inch Kicker with a Kicker amp and its been going hard for over 2 yrs now, best subs i have ever heard compares to a 15

it was worth the dosh

Random Array
    Car:
    VW Caddy
    Quote Originally Posted by ICACHA
    whats the limited budget?

pointless people telling you to get this or get that if your budget can get NICE subs...
    I second this motion!

By the looks of it i'm guessing a 200-300 budget.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 Integra LS
    yeah i want sumthin decent but i dont wana fork out a sh!t load of money coz i wana spend it on the rest of my car. I just want a good looking sub that does the job.