Ok hmm,
    So after all that i just realised you were only looking for a sub

Go get Image Dynamics IDQ12V2, go for it now

Or save a little and get the IDMAX12

After that, you will be laughing

Member Array
    Car:
    91 Integra LS
    yeh im mainly looking for a good sub, but having said that, there is not point getting a kick ass sub and running it with a sh!t amp. So yeh recommendations for both subs and amps is appreciated.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 Integra LS
    ive decided on either the JBL or MTX the JBL1000w is on sale for $79. Would this be better than paying a little extra for the Black n red MTX400w sub that is about $119 and its 400

man dont get those pieces of sh*t, are you buying from strathfield?

the watt rating on the jbl is peak power and what you should be looking at (both subwoofer and amplifier specs in relation to power) is the rms rating.

trust me man, alpine type S, ive made mistakes with cheapies and u lose more money and you think to yourself, 'why didnt i just get that one in the first place'.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 Integra LS
    how much is the Alpine Type S and where do i get it from? And wat amp should i use to run it, how much and where from again?

one company very well recognised and respected in sydney is FHRX

www.fhrxstudios.com

they have a price list there, u can get the sub off there

an even better option would be to buy second hand:

visit: www.caraudioaustralia.com and go to the forums. Lots of great info there and search up because u will find a lot of helpful stuff

on my last post i recommended the jaycar amp: visit a jaycar store or visit www.jaycar.com.au and u can order online (in the search part, look for 'response')

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Sedan w/JDM ZC
    dont know what yr budget is but go a Kicker L7 (upper level square 12") with a 600W mono kicker amp.
    my mate has this setup and its nuts. but make sure you get a sufficient size box for it(BIG).
    this was run at SPL comp and mopped the floor including various other running 2 x 15" subs of various brands each with ~ 2000w amps.
    only probs is it has caused the outer panel of his merc to lift from the frame of the boot.....

fusion

good value for money

Member Array
    Car:
    91 Integra LS
    thanx again to everyone for your advice and help, it is much appreciated!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    91 Integra LS
    having trouble deciding again, i went to get the 1000W JBL but saw a mtx one that looked sick....
    http://www.strathfield.com/ViewProduct.asp?ProdID=1479
    this is the MTX sub i want.
    does anyone have this or know how it goes, the dude at strathfiled said the BOSS amp i got should be able to run it if im not running any speakers of it which i wont be.
    i will have it in a ported inclosure aswell.....

Member Array
    hey dude one of my mates just got a fusion powerplant and let me tell ya those things pump like hell, the excursion is incredible and the sub recovers reaaaallly well. he has a 12" powerplant and i got a 15" clarion and his one beats mine is SQ and almost SPL. they're basically the same price as that mtx u wanna buy and they're dual voice coil.
    Quote Originally Posted by riceball View Post
    ballers like barefootbonzai can afford to spend money on his car and save for a future...

Member Array
    Car:
    91 Integra LS
    whats the difference between a dual voice coil and a single???
    what specs do u take into consideration wen choosing a good sub???