THIS JUST IN - http://www.honda.co.uk/

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    sigh... no Si/VTIR/Type R as yet...

Member Array
    Car:
    ホンダ
    Is the latest civic type-R still made in UK?
    地下インポート
    www.undergroundimports.com.au

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    88 civic hatch
    the new civic hatch looks ... no good... no good at all..., i like the 88-94/95's... much nicer... much... they should stop trying for the future and concertrate the past... ok put my 2 cents in

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic VTi
    dont really like the angles of it, about time they built some tough streeter's with some real power!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    8.6 seconds 0-100 aint all abd... the ek4 and em1 both pulled only like 8.5 stock

does neone know if the new r18A engine is mounted logically (ie: headers in front) or pain in the ass-ly (ie: like k20A, headers out back)

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    Quote Originally Posted by **Ghost**
    8.6 seconds 0-100 aint all abd... the ek4 and em1 both pulled only like 8.5 stock

does neone know if the new r18A engine is mounted logically (ie: headers in front) or pain in the ass-ly (ie: like k20A, headers out back)
    being new i-VTEC design i'd say it's the 'pain-in-the-ass' option but arguably, it's actually a better configuration when you consider airflow, heat dissipation and also direction of intake and exhaust charge, not that THAT really matters.

but I know what you mean, plus it's nice to have a sexy header or hair-dryer staring at you in the face when you pop the hood

Why Honda Oz will not import the Civic Hatch

Don't know if anyone realise this, but this hatch will not be arriving in Oz in the near future.

The first reason is that this hatch is design and built specifically for the European market, and as per Honda President Fukui's 2005 mid term speech re the Civic (copied below), Oz will only be getting the 4 door sedan.

•"The all-new Civic was developed with four body types to meet the unique requirements of each region. For the Japanese market, an emotional and stylish sedan which goes beyond the concept of the traditional Civic was developed. For the U.S. market, 2-door and 4-door types were developed, while a 4-door was also developed for Asia and 3-door and 5-door types were developed exclusively for Europe."

Copied from http://www.world.honda.com/news/2005/c050720_a.html

Second reason is that no Honda Oz automobile product is sourced from the UK, where the hatch will be build. It will take a lot of time before any sort of relation is established so Honda Oz can import cars from the UK factory.

Third reason is the exchange rate and price. By the time the car arrives in Oz, it will have to retail at close to 30K for the base model. Let's face it, not many people would pay 30K for a hatch, let alone a 1.8L one. And around the same price range there are other great cars like the Mazda3 SP23 and base Euro, which have much bigger engines. Honda imports the 4 door Civic Sedan

Don't get me wrong- I love this hatch. But the fact of life is that Honda Oz do not think the car will be selling in any great volumn to justify the importation. Honda Oz is strifing for volumn and market share, and only want big sellers like the Thai built (no duty) 4 door Civic sedans that they can sell bucket loads at 20K.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    sigh... so do we get the "emotional" sedan or the "focked up boring" sedan?

this might sound liek a stupid repsonse, but i'll give up hondas foreva if the next civic is ghey

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 CRV Sport
    http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/porta...opDefault.aspx

carpoint confirms we are not getting this in Oz

ahh.. dang.. looks half decent

sexy! I quiet like it
    WDM. World Domestic Market.

Subaru y0!