Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: '98 vtir

s tune Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 sold :(
    The km's are too high for me personally, my brother's 97 vtir has 126,000, mate's 97 vtir has 110,000 and my 99 vtir has 76,000 looks identical to one you're looking at. Seats are in '98 onwards and look better in real life without flash photography.
    Take a close look at those pics though and you won't see front or rear badges.........Hmmmmm.
    Make sure of spotless service history, and then expect usual wear & tear like aerial motor getting noisy, door lock actuators burn out, maybe clutch if still original.
    The asking price is quite low and probably reflects condition,IMO.
    I paid $21,000 (perfect condition) at 73,000km 6 months ago, mate paid $16,900 '97 model (surprisingly perfect condition) at 110,000km 2 months ago.

I've seen this car for sale for a few months now and maybe there's a reason for not selling.
    Good luck

s tune Array
    Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by Boost
    why black?... do u plan on getting the itr lip?... IMO the facelifted front with ITR lip is hard to see the contours if its black.. white shows up the best along with other lighter colours..
    Also might pay to mention that type r black is different to vtir black, good news is that the type r lip is available in vtir black which is a cheaper colour anyway!!

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2 vtir
    Yeah dont think gona get this il stil have a look but it has been for sale for a while like use said. Looking for black just coz want black lol. This is just 1st one so far thats been black and facelifted version, not to expensive and in good condition. ive been looking for the past few months Do you think i could pick up like a '98 model with low kms good condition fairly stock for around that price? The interior looks really ugly any have any pics of the inside of vtir? only eva seen inside type r.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    I looked for about 6 months for one. Then i found the right one came up for sale, so i grabbed it.

15k is reasonable if the car is in good cond. i was planning to spend 16K on a vtir, however i came across a type-r which i brought instead heehhe

Member Array
    Car:
    F20C Clubman Build
    hahaaha... integras are nice cars... but yeh u pay for what you get i reckon... if a car has been on an ad. for some time...there might be a reason behind it... but then it could just be that people are really picky.. and so that particular car does not suit their taste.. its very difficult....ive had my integra for like 5 years now with no mech. probs. what so ever... i was planning on selling it... but because of the low offers and lack of serious buyers.. i pulled out... just wait i reckon..

s tune Array
    Car:
    For that price I would say no way, IMO. Silver '98 vtirs seem to be priced slightly lower than black and often have very low k's in my searching, I'm talkin 50,000-70,000km for $18,000- $21,000 private sale, may have changed slightly now. Took a while to find mine as well, gotta be patient and prepared to go interstate, got mine from Melbourne.

High k's maybe the only reason it's cheap, I basically steered clear of anything with more than 80,000km. For '98 model 110,000 indicates approx 15,000km/year and is reasonable, also shows the car probably doesn't do too many short, start stop, trips and actually gets warmed up properly.

Here's one interior photo but had to use flash unfortunately, night time. Earlier model seats have like a ribbed almost black pattern with very little colour top to bottom, 98+ are a little lighter more modern looking texture with a little grey and blue, depending on light conditions, side bolsters same grey on all models. Earlier models have ribbed pattern on doors too but 98+ is plain black/dark grey (like type r I think).
    Last edited by T-onedc2; 26-07-2005 at 09:38 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    F20C Clubman Build
    yeh thats def. a 98+ seat.. the pre 98 are just grey at the inserts with no patterns...

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K, DC2, EM1YO
    nah, da k's arnt dat high man. if ur after a black teg den i fink it would be a great buy. jus get everythin checkd over to see if its all good. good luck

omfg, i swear to god himself if i see another person "typn lik dis" i will strangle them to death.

TYPE IN PROPER ENGLISH, it does not take any longer.
    please

s tune Array
    Car:
    FYI, average k's for '98 is 90,000-110,000.

130,000km is probably fine, it's just paranoia sets in for me after 100,000km concerning how well it's been maintained,
    but once again the absence of the Honda badges front and rear in that pic look a bit suss.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    As i found out with my old lancer. The absence of front badges could mean that its been in a front end prang and has been fixed on the cheap, saving money by not getting new badges.