Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz Vti-S

Water temp Gauges for Jazz??

Hi guys

So you know Jazz doesn't have a "proper" engine temperture indicator, only Cold or Hot warning light. Even though "maybe" technically as long as the cold warning light goes off, it's ok to drive watever u like, it's just weird to me. When i had my previous car, i always wait until the temp indicator points at middle then i push my car. Therefore, I am thinking to get a engine temp gauge. However, i was told that there is no such a gauge for engine temp. but instead, i could get a water temp gauge meter. it will do the same thing. My questions are...

1. can i really use water temp gauge to show my engine temp?

2. How about Oil temp gauge? wat does that show?

3. i saw this on eBay, could any one tell me if it's any good?
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....sPageName=WDVW

Any suggestion would be appreciated~! Thanks~!

Cheers

Ian
    Last edited by bagaichiban; 26-07-2005 at 08:14 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    None ATM
    I would recommend installing a water and oiltemp gauge. I believe Mugen offers this from their Fit sortement.

I have been trying to find a piller gauge holder for the Jazz,but so far - no luck.

When I get my Jazz I will install A/F gauge (AEM UEGO Gaugetype), Watertemp, Oiltemp and Oilpressure gauges.

I'd rather a warning light than a guage that doesn't work properly. The sender unit is as important or more important than the guage or light.

I thought the oil temperature was an indication of your engine temperature also.

With the quality of the Jazz cooling system I don't see there is anything to be worried about. Its not an old Falcon or Commodore that cooks itself by the side of the road or a European car that was made for an arctic climate and struggles with even the scorching hot Winter temperatures in Melbourne.

Only time I ever used temperature guages were in race cars under race conditions. You might get some benefit if your going to run your Jazz in a 8 to 24 hour enduro. Even then I'd be surprised if it broke a sweat.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz Vti-S
    how often would a cheap gauge give u wrong signal ar???

I meant of course jap brand should be more reliable, but it's not a fairly complicated unit, so i assume even the cheap one won't give u wrong signal that often?

I have no idea...just assuming...don't tiss me~

Member Array
    Car:
    Mini Cooper S Chilli R56
    Defi ones cost about 300 each..... i rather spend the money else where on the car.....

Member Array
    Car:
    None ATM
    For me - installing aftermarket gauges and sensors is about having controll. A jazz doesnt need it - of course not - its a ladies car with a lazy ass engine - lets not fool ourselves on that one But adding gauges and sensors - seeing how the car behaves - what goes where etc - help me to learn the car better - and thus - finding ways to improve it and tune it.

Its just a personal preferance...

what do i write here? Array
    Car:
    Jazz Vti-s
    Quote Originally Posted by strepto
    For me - installing aftermarket gauges and sensors is about having controll. A jazz doesnt need it - of course not - its a ladies car with a lazy ass engine - lets not fool ourselves on that one But adding gauges and sensors - seeing how the car behaves - what goes where etc - help me to learn the car better - and thus - finding ways to improve it and tune it.

Its just a personal preferance...
    lets not remember that you have the dsi engine, this is miles behind to the vtec engine, mates got one and the vtec jazz leaves it atleast a good 5-6 car lengths behind and eventually just a dot in the rear view mirror.

what about a techtrom(sp?) search back the jazz forum and you'll find it i know it gives you all kind of info about the engine and just plugs underneath the dashboard into the obc???
    Last edited by muli; 27-07-2005 at 09:24 AM.

i dun have any complain with the power of 1.5l jazz so far... actually i kind of like it... to me its oredy very fast for wat it is... only downfall is the top speed....

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz Vti-S
    I am thinking to put my three gauges (Oil temp, water temp, and oil pressure) on the centre of the console (as those spoon one does). But firstly, i don't have that "container/holder" to put/hold all three gauges there. Secondly, i don't know if it is a complicated job/expensive to do so...

If anyone know any information about the container/holder and the pricing to do so, could you please let me know? thanks heaps~!!

My friend drove his gf's DSi engine Jazz all the time, but one day i borrow him my jazz, he was like, is this two car the same??? i don't feel anything alike (performancewise)...so i guess there is a big difference after all.....

BUT, i think even with all the power difference, the Vtec Jazz needs all those gauges and stuff necessarily...the only reason i want them is just for my own interests. i want to see the bloody temp point to the middle, so i know exactly when i could push my car. that is a very basic meter for most of the car which Jazz doesn't have....As for the rest of the gauges (Oil temp & Oil pressure), i just think the labour cost to put on 1 would not be so difference to put on 3 at the same time and the gauges are not expensive after all. i ain't talking about Defi or Pivot one anyway.

Please i would like to know the info about where i could get that centre console container/holder to hold my gauges and how much it would be. Also, does that require a lot of modification of the car's console? if yes, i might think again...

Thanks for all the reply~!

Cheers

Ian

what do i write here? Array
    Car:
    Jazz Vti-s
    heres the device i was talking about earlier http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9754

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    i personally like those displays/meters that plugs into ODBII connector, as they're relatively easy to install and feature packed.

my friend has a Blitz one and it will give you warning flashes if the predetermined min & max value was exceeded. it can even works as a shift light.
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    this is the one i referred to above:

GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc