Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314
    Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    I just ran my B16A EK last week and got 14.6 all nite long. Quite happy with just bolt on goodies.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 B18c
    What was ur term speed dude???
    Didnt u have a teg???
    Nissan S15: 12.6@113mph
    Integra GSi: 15.1@91mph
    Civic B18c N/A : 14.1@98mph
    CRX B18c N/A : 13.9@101mph

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by locote
    GTECH doesnt take wheel spin into account,
    in a real track the timer will start as soon as you cross the line.
    GTECH wont start timing till it detects enough Gs.
    i was pulling low 12s with my last car with a gtech, but only managed mid high 12s at motorplex.
    and the term speed was way out to.
    yes it does. bah you people don't understand how it works!!! i'll quote someone else who had explained it better:

Quote Originally Posted by WhO
    Seriously, they ARE ACCURATE. The physics behind them is 100% and when used properly they are very accurate. Unfortunately its when they're not setup correctly ie road not level, unit not setup level and straight etc when inaccuracies creep into things.

They work using an accelerometer. By using simple physics equations taking into account acceleration vs time the units can calculate speed and distance. If you've done and passed yr 12 physics you'll know what im on about.

Wheelspin doesn't affect the g-tech's readings as all it is measuring is how fast you are accelerating, if you spin your wheels all you will do is accelerate at a slower pace.

Put Simply.

G-techs are VERY accurate devices It has been proven on the strip by a member of these forums in a thread some time ago.

HOWEVER if the setup of the unit (including road sloap, unit slope, calibration, etc) is not close to ideal then readings will be inaccurate.
    remember that G-Techs are not connected to any sensor input in a vehicle... just the ciggy lighter. it has its own sensors that use G-Force.... can you guys then tell me how the hell wheelspin DOES NOT reduce G-Force if you are obviously accelerating at a slower pace as a result?!?!?!

seriously, take a gtech to a track with you and they are FAIRLY ACCURATE/CLOSE!!! As mentioned above it has to be setup courrectly though most of the time its USELESS ON ALMOST ANY ROAD!!!
    Last edited by dsp26; 15-05-2006 at 11:31 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    Quote Originally Posted by locote
    What was ur term speed dude???
    Didnt u have a teg???
    Speed was 94-95mph each run.

I've never owned an Integra.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 11 Maloo
    does anyone know roughly wat times a EG sedan with a b16a and a b18c (vti-r) would get? just stockish...
    Power Of Dreams...
    VTECN

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK4 Civic Hatch '95
    14.8sec?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 B18c
    Ive tested a gtech at same time as im runing at track.
    Yes it was fairly accurate, term speed was out.
    An no if i ran a 13sec time using a gtech in my teg as it is atm, i wouldnt boast about it.
    1. running a 1/4 mile timein the street is illegal.
    2.There are alot of factors at the track that determine the time you get.

Ive used a gtech on my teg and run mid high 14s on it. and yet my best time at track is 15.1.
    Nissan S15: 12.6@113mph
    Integra GSi: 15.1@91mph
    Civic B18c N/A : 14.1@98mph
    CRX B18c N/A : 13.9@101mph

Member Array
    Car:
    n/a
    I don't believe in gtech, they might be accurate for some time, but for a lot of other times they are inaccurate.
    I remember hot4s once did a gtech test on hyhundai coupe and they recorded 0-100 and 400 time of low 7s and low 15s respectively, I couldn't believe they would even publish bullshit figures like that to the public...
    Next time I wanna strap it on my body and see if I can break to the magical 16second mark...