Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High Flow Cat

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra *True* R

High Flow Cat

A few questions for owners of high flow cats -

1. Did you find that it was a worthwhile mod?
    2. Indications of power gain?
    3. Any recommendations on a high flow cat to fit dc2r ?

Thanks in advance
    For Sale: Sold

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    I have a Catco 2.5 inch high flow cat. I don't really know if there was a power gain, but i had to install it becasue my extractors had a 2.5 inch collector. I guess it would be an improvement over a stock 2.25 inch cat. It does give out this honeycomb type smell when 1st installed.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra
    the high flow cat made a small but noticable difference when installed with extractors

Most high flow cats are a joke.

Its not how big the actual cat is, its the size of the holes in the block inside. Most high flow cats do not flow better than a stock cat.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Drill a nice big hole straight through the honeycomb stuff. Then you will notice some huge performance increases. or better still dont have a Cat convertor. Just dont get caught or you'll get huge fines.

Member Array
    Car:
    HEMI
    you can get something that looks like a cat, but has nothing on the inside. i had one on my last car.

Member Array
    Car:
    ホンダ
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji
    you can get something that looks like a cat, but has nothing on the inside. i had one on my last car.
    Would that make the exhaust very loud?!
    地下インポート
    www.undergroundimports.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry
    Would that make the exhaust very loud?!
    Not nessessarily, but very illegal.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    JDM ITR cat isn't a bad option, though im not sure if it'll fit on our aussie headers. its good because it looks stock, some insurance companies won't insure you if your exhaust is more than just a cat-back apparently

Member Array
    Car:
    HEMI
    i had a 2.5" exhaust on a 2L turbo and yes it was loud, but not because of the fake cat. yes it's illegal but how would you now unless you take it off and look inside... when i had the turbo replaced the mechanic also replaced the fake cat with a highflow cat (sounded the same) and that's how i found out after 2 years of driving the car.

i've heard ppl mentioning here in previous posts that you can fit a commodore cat and apparently they have good flow? i don't know if this is true though?

Member Array
    Car:
    350z Track
    When many people install a Hi-Flow cat there are not really getting a hi flow cat- they are just getting a larger cat -

Ask for a mega (or super) hi-flow cat, has larger in's and out's, and much better flow! Noise is no differant to a "hi flow cat"

also the act which was mentioned about which has nothing inside is called a Hollow Cat... very illegal - but people risk it cause its very hard to tell without opening it up!
    plough (plow) ñ. - implement for furrowing and turning up soil; similar instruments for clearing up snow; cut or force way.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    had a friend with a suzuki swift gti, hollowed out cat. was standing out my house 4am in the morning waiting for him to pick me up. by the time i heard it, it took him 30 seconds to reach my house, thats how damn loud it is. and where i live, its DEAD QUIET 4am