Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by saxman
    that's all fine and dandy, but I still question anyone that would tune a non broken in, turboed engine...

generally what one does in a situation like this is have the motor with the new internals installed, drive it around to break it in, then go slap the turbo on and go a tuning
    Basically, you do not have to do them at seperate times. However i would recommend it as most people are not skilled/organized enough to take on both at once. Often times there is wiring involved among other things that can be left out and then your wondering if the turbo kit is the problem or the engine. So do the swap with whatever internals you want, Then do the turbo kit, set it up on a nice basemap, and go from there, it will already be broken in from your N/A driving.
    Hope this helps

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by LSD Motorsports
    Basically, you do not have to do them at seperate times. However i would recommend it as most people are not skilled/organized enough to take on both at once. Often times there is wiring involved among other things that can be left out and then your wondering if the turbo kit is the problem or the engine. So do the swap with whatever internals you want, Then do the turbo kit, set it up on a nice basemap, and go from there, it will already be broken in from your N/A driving.
    Hope this helps
    Because in australia we have a much smaller population. a much smaller choice of tuners and a much smaller choice of workshops. Ontop of that we dont have any online performance shops, or cheap importers because the demand doesnt call for it. We have nothing to support the basic aftermarket, everything is shipped from japan or the usa, so we get stuff that is marked up buy 3-4 people before it gets to teh consumer. the list goes on and on. its the bain of my existance. ive sourced 2 turbo kits from oversea's now..... much cheaper even after any tax u may pay.

to put it into perspective. i was quited recently 2500 by a workshop for a GT3071r, i just imported a GT2871r with a T3 exhaust housing (they dont make em down here) for 1500aud, shipped, with a complete braided oil line setup. That means even if the turbo destroys itself after a year, i can import another centre section and still be ontop.
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.