Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    450kwCRX-DC2R-CBR600rr
    if your going to leave the prelude 1000000% stock then tiptronic is fine.. if your thinking of even doing very very very very very light mods go manual... i would personally never recommend trptronic to anyone.

The tiptronic box is prone for problems, if you want performance, manual is the way to go, if you just want to drive it day to day, the auto box will be fine.

just get the prelude vti-r manual and u wont be disappointed!!
    it has the speed n vtec ur after and also is a very smooth and luxary ride. I have never regretted since the day i bought it.

Member Array
    Car:
    4th Gen Prelude VTiR
    Yeah go with the manual. If you get an auto, an old 3rd gen manual would out perform it even if you had Vtec. The 5th gens handle very well, they're very quiet, comfortable, great torque. The VTiRs have cruise control, sunroof, climate control, 16" wheels.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1988 Prelude
    3rd gens are still awsome man dont let us down! but i gotta admit, the 5th r smooth compared

Get the manual mate...
    5th gen ludes had problems with the tiptronics....
    I think they were all recalled weren't they? Anyone can confirm this?

Member Array
    Car:
    JAZZ
    Does the tiptronic have a few problems? My delimma is that i would only buy an auto now (so my dear old ma can drive it! lol) so its either the Prelude or a Jazz out of my honda choices.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K AP1
    Go manual dude...driven my bros...it rocks!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Accird Euro
    Get the manual dude! Everyone's just gonna keep saying that. This is my first car that I got over 2 years ago and I didn't even know how to drive manual at first, now I realize how good it is compared to the autos. Btw I'm talkin about a 3rd gen, and since your wanting a 5th gen just think how much better that will be.

Member Array
    Car:
    civic
    thinking of gettin a lude too.. latest shape... how much do they cost? ima join the luders

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Accird Euro
    ^^ Don't think, DO! lol j/k But if you want more info go to Preludeaustralia.com and further info at Preludepower.com (US site though). IMO those two sites are more active than this site. Well in the prelude section that is.

Yep, preludepower doesnt have many 5th gens tho... www.superhonda.com has alot of 5th gen information.

They cost $18-25k for a 5th gen VTiR depending on condition, dont even look at a Si and make sure u get a manual.