Thread: Wheels and all

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    Anybody here know if what a difference wheel "measurements" makes??

I know mine's 4x114.3 (me finks!!), but was wondering if i can use or fit 4x100??

No U can't. Yours has 114.3mm between the studs and the 4 x 100 is 100mm between the studs = won't fit. Unless it is a dual pattern wheel ie 8 holes

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    thanx dude. :cry:

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    okay then for a 7.5" wide wheel, what's the narrowest and widest tyre that can fit??
    cos currently i have 225 fronts and 235 rears..was thinking of doing 215 fronts and 245 rears...feasible??

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    215's will fit no worries, not sure about 245's i would think you'd get rubbing problems either on the fenders or suspension. They will probably physically fit on the wheels though

I wouldn't go with wider tyres on the rear than the front, since the front wheels drive the car and fat rear tyres will just increase the fuel consumption. If that doesnt bother you then ignore me :P

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    thnx for that info.

didnt know tyres could add to fuel consumption. :shock:

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    oh they definitely can, i mean when you think about it having a larger contact patch on the ground means more effort is required to move (this is the whole point of huge slicks), so with more effort you need to use more fuel.

My consumption definitely went up a little going from stockies to the current 18's, though that has to do with the weight of the rims as well

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    what tyres u running on atm poid??

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    Just 215's, cant fit any wider unless i get the guards rolled (and on the rear possibly cant fit wider at all cos the wheels are close to the suspension).