Thread: Bogging Down!

Member Array
    Car:
    350z Track
    okay my ek has a problem that im going to try to explain the best way i can,

when i go to launch hard/quick, my car bogs down and the revs drop, then after a few seconds of it being bogged, the revs start to slowly pick up, my guess is to replace the clutch, has anyone had a simliar problem or know whats wrong? there is even a slight burning smell after this happens?

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    ahahahaha
    cl-utch

test this

5th gear, 10km/hr, floor it. if it just revs, she's fuct, need a new clutch. Otherwise, you are just launching bad

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    its a bad launch
    i do it to, u really need to slip the clutch at high rev's, not completely drop it otherwise u'll bog. Try and get a bit of tyre spin, its the best way to keep rev's up.
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Member Array
    Car:
    350z Track
    okay, will do it ASAP!

Moderator Array
    Car:
    BB2
    If your clutch was slipping, to put it simply, your revs would go up, but your car wouldn't move with it...

-az

Member Array
    Car:
    350z Track
    well thats what is happening, my revvs are climbing but my car is not going anywhere...

i did that 5th gear test McChook suggested, and the car just revvs like mad and the car hardly moving ....

wheelspin is out of the question in my car, the clutch wont let me, not even do 2nds or anything......

im looking for a new clutch, anyone know where to go, or what to get?

Member Array
    Car:
    datsun 200b
    brass button!!! like wat i have..
    its a bi&*h to shift or drift in public..
    but hey ... its worth it

Ken
    VTEC+Turbo=dirty underpants

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 CRX
    Generally consensus on clutches seems to be that if you give it a bit of punishment (eg you like 6k takeoffs) get yourself a heavy duty (exidy or daiken maybe).

don't bother with a brass button unless you really need it. if you are in traffic it will kill you! actually if you are a masochist this is the clutch for you =D

oh and ofcourse if you are neither developing huge ammounts of power or driving like a hoon a stock one should be fine =)

-2ds

with a button clutch you could do dmg to ur drivetrain due to the shock between hard gear changes
    my friends s14 i could do bunny hops wen u change gears too harshly.. bites too much
    but hey that mite not be a bad thing aye
    peace