Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    Quick dumb n00b question, but I need answers - OH, and I have already done a search and yielded no results.

If I buy a Hondata S100 -
    a) how much are they worth new
    b) do they come with everything to tune it

I maye have found one, used, but in Europe, and they guy doesn;t speak english, so I need some answers... AND QUICKLY.

Let me know, I need some info. By the way, I am searching the net now as well, so i thought I would double my chances...

Cheers
    Matt

PS - will it be kool with a Prelude... duh, forgot...

Member Array
    Car:
    SLOCAR
    My mate got a quote on an S200 which is quite similar apparently, and he got quoted 1200 fitted and tuned through an approved installer/tuner. According to James (BLKCRX) the US Hondata units cant be tuned here because of a different code or something. Just make sure you dont get something that cant be tuned here! Otherwise it'll be a waste of your money

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    Hmmm....

Member Array
    Car:
    SLOCAR
    Yeah just check it out dude it will definently be worth your while. PM James and he will tell ya

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4
    James is currently in Sydney being a tuning hoe. Call him on 0417875785 Matt. He'll be Croydon tomorrow arvo too.
    I hope he doesn't mind me disclosing stalker info. It's all more business i suppose.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by madgrk
    According to James (BLKCRX) the US Hondata units cant be tuned here because of a different code or something.
    They would use the same code as the US Hondata, if it is the case that the aussie units need particular software then it would just be Hondata adding a little software lock so that we cant just import US units and get them tuned here.

i was just in Sydney and got a quote from Advan for $1200 fitted, but dont go to croydon coz they were charging $1600. Or if ur in melbourne i got told to go to razz tech who would do it for $1200 as well

Member Array
    Car:
    Stolen DC2R
    i got quoted $1600 from James plus tuning is extra $300-400 :?

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    Hmm, cool

Member Array
    Car:
    SLOCAR
    Quote Originally Posted by poid
    Quote Originally Posted by madgrk
    According to James (BLKCRX) the US Hondata units cant be tuned here because of a different code or something.
    They would use the same code as the US Hondata, if it is the case that the aussie units need particular software then it would just be Hondata adding a little software lock so that we cant just import US units and get them tuned here.
    I'm not too sure if he said code or something else, but there is a difference he said. Whether its the coding or something no idea! 8)

about the fact that the US unit can NOT be used here ... in short ... that is a big load of shit ... I know two other people with civics and one with a DC5R which have got the US code and their car runs perfectly fine.

oh and do go paying close to 2000 bucks for something just because its from Aus ... I am all for supporting australian distributors but I don't like being ripped off ...

in the end .. up to you.

Member Array
    Car:
    450kwCRX-DC2R-CBR600rr
    Hey guys, sorry been interstate and away from a PC.

The s100 is a basic version of the s200 although it does not have the ability to support datalogging, the g sensor nor launch RPM and full throttle shift. The price difference is around 50$aust and everyone always chooses the s200 over the s100 system. Im not sure where you guys are getting your prices from, but everyone has the same prices Across Australia.

The Hondata s200 unit is $820.00 (incl GST) and installation, the Hondata ECU’s for post 96 cars and all preludes are $850.00, none of my resellers will undersell each other, that is why we have fixed pricing, irrespective of where you go.

http://www.hondata.com.au/Hondata_Re...ricing2004.pdf

For current retail for all products please download the following PDF file.

We don’t allow end users to tune Hondata s200 as quite frankly unless you’re a expert in EFI you shouldn’t be tuning anyway, so this option is not available in Australia. There also are slight differences in the software due to different sensors uses on Honda’s from 89 – 99.

Only authorized tuners can Tune Hondata period. Currently that’s Razz Tech Performance in Melbourne (In including My self) Redline Motor sports (Dave) in Sydney, Croydon Autosports (Jim) and APC-Racing (Nick) in Brisbane.

My Tuners will also only tune and support Australia Hondata units imported by Hondata Australia, no support or tuning will be done for units brought in from overseas, as we can not warranty nor support nor tune a product which is not ours, we also are under government ADR 37 regulation to only support Hondata Australian imported Units.

To cut a long story short you need to buy Hondata Products directly from an Official Authorized Reseller for Hondata Australia.

The DC5 Hondata units are another kettle of fish altogether we have not finished nor released this product yet, and are in the final stages of testing, these units are not s200 units and operate under a completely different way.

The DC5 (K series engine) Products are still under development still and no real pricing has been confirmed yet Australia, there are how ever major differences, between our (K series) which are mainly due to emission controls and ADR 37 regulations.

Regards James