Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Falling apart ED
    Hey hey
    well the other day i saw a nice plain sprinter in a car park hold it in first, compression brake to slow down to a speed hump, and see this flame pop out for a split second, like a flash and a big bang.

Talking to a mechanic friend of mine he mentioned a technique called key banging it... Tried this where u boot it in 2nd or third, keep ur foot down and at about 3 - 4k switch off the ignition, give the pedal a pump then flick it back on.

I got little bangs, granny farts compared to the one this sprinter did. I think the sprinter had the original engine in it.

I have an 89 civic, dual carb .. just wondering if n e one knows other techniques to get a big bang, but none of this spark plug in the exhaust rice business...

hahaha ..
    um buy my car ..

Member Array
    Car:
    Falling apart ED
    Lol, how do u get urs to go bang?

IF you own a carby car ( or are just driving one...and are up for 3 secodns of fun ) sit in hte car whilst it is off - and pump the accellerator many-a-time.

Then...turn the ignition.

Should result in a HUGE ass oily big bang ! :P

BTW dont do this.

hahahaha buy my exhaust ? =P and ull know

Member Array
    Car:
    SLOCAR
    Buy a supercar :? WDF would you wanna backfire your car for man?!? Oh well whatever floats ya boat I guess

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    People try to prevent backfire, not try to cause it!
    Why do you want to cause your car to backfire anyway?

Member Array
    Car:
    Silver Coupe
    dont you know a missfiring system makes it go faster :P LOL
    key bangers are really bad for the car. if u want to pop flames just get a rotary :roll:
    on a side note i saw an excel with one of those sparkplug jobs it had a 2F2F style 1ft blue flame for about 30 seconds

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Yeh that's right...that extra kick of black smoke gives you that extra push in the opposite direction right!

ROKAGESAMA Array
    Car:
    2009 Lexus ISF
    that's gay
    Team Bacchus Racing Lexus ISF
    Bacchus Energy drink
    Drive your Energy

Banned Array
    Rufes1: why would you want your car to backfire? just coz its in "unrealistic" Fast and Furious dosent mean its good. If a car backfires as much as you say it did, then thats VERY BAD i know that. Happens mostly on old cars, but dont try and do it, unless you can afford rebuilding your engine.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    my mate managed to blow the crap out of an exhaust on a van doing a key banger. Basically he turned it off while going down a hill quite fast, causing a rather large amount of fuel to get into the exhaust.

When it turned on there was a huge bang and bits of exhaust were everywhere

Would work better on cars without cats as well