Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: b18c head

Quote Originally Posted by daishin
    Yep - down draft design + rpm > 10k (think about ignition lag time and what happens past 10k - theres a good SAE paper on it) added with the extra tumble of the B18 head and you have a winner.

Less than 10k and the B16 head has better flow/turblence characteristics.
    Well I hardly think anyone revving to over 10,000 will be using a stock ignition system, let along a distributor! So i'm sure that your not going to run into problems with an msd box...

Member Array
    Car:
    Fastest CRV in the USA
    I have the set up you are refering to. I did a b16a2 head on a 98 b18c1 block. I bored it over to 82mm then put in the stock crank and rods with the b16a2 pr3 pistons. I have about a 11.5 compression ratio. I also use a skunk 2 intake manifold, 4-1 jdm type-r 2.5 ich collectored header, and a b16 tranny. (the trannys are almost exactly identical in gear ratio's.) next is to add in the lsd.

The head is almost the same as stated before, the itr head is gone over ONCE for smothing at honda. That is all. A little less turbulance, but by no means ported or polished. The sizes are the same. They are both still the pr3 head. I have a pr3-3 because mine is the 00 si head. (USDM) This set up is nice, and with propper tuneing you can just about get to 185whp-200whp and 135-145 tourque.
    Mega Asian Thread ONLY!

Quote Originally Posted by Illegal
    I bored it over to 82mm then put in the stock crank and rods with the b16a2 pr3 pistons.
    ummm, i am not calling bullshit or anything, but i was not aware that honda made anything over 81.5mm pistons?

AFAIK - they make 81.25 and 81.5 oversize, but not 82mm...
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    Fastest CRV in the USA
    yep stock as well.
    Mega Asian Thread ONLY!

but honda does not make 82mm B16A pistons???
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    Fastest CRV in the USA
    well I can get them here in the us just like I can 81mm. They carry 81 - 81.5 and 82

What I should have gotten is the jdm ctr 82mm pistons. MUCH higher compression!
    Mega Asian Thread ONLY!

you can get 82mm B16A pistons? are they made by an aftermarket company?

because Honda Motor Co does not sell them...
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    Fastest CRV in the USA
    yeah come to think of it they were aftermarket copies, ($150 U.S.) but I was under the impression here in the U.S. we can still get them from the dealer that size.
    Mega Asian Thread ONLY!

yeah - in the factory manuals i can only find reference to B series pistons being available in 81.25mm oversize, not even 81.5mm

yours MUST be aftermarket ones...

B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    Fastest CRV in the USA
    I'll check on it tomorrow and let you know what i find out from this end.
    Mega Asian Thread ONLY!

Member Array
    Car:
    boosted dc2...
    in regards to fitting CTR pistons into your b18c block/B16a head combo.. I have a b18c2 block and pistons ready to be fitted but people keep talking about clearances and how I need to check them to avoid piston meeting Valve = engine death senerio... My Queston is - If I go ahead and fit them (of course with new rods/bearings) will this actually happen, where is the safe limit for high comp Pistons or do U need to be running Bspec or C spec camshafts for piston to meet valve = engine blow up?? Anyone know what the go is cause im stumped..
    Boosted Integra underway!

Member Array
    Car:
    Fastest CRV in the USA
    the deck height is fine, it will fit. NOW, with the compression being that high, you will have pinging with the stock cams and that high of compression (12+) so you need a big cam, like a skunk2 stage 2.
    Mega Asian Thread ONLY!